The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Now VL 4193
My late father’s car RN1971 which he bought in 1936 had rubber mats and the strange khaki trans tunnel/inside sill covers. When I took over the car in 1964 I ripped out the mats etc, chucked them in the bin and replaced with carpet. I also removed the leather door card covering and rear panels and replaced with shiny black plastic but fortunately I kept the originals. I still use the car which has been reupholstered in Connolly hide in blue as it was originally. The door covering is the leather without carpet at the bottom and the oval pleated door pocket.

I forgot to mention, talking of box saloons with original upholstery, I have a friend who has an RP with an almost completely original interior.
Cheers,
Dave.
Does anyone know of a window winder for sale please     , 1 only required, for the RN as per the pic.
    So we now come to replacing the windscreen seal and discover that my RN windscreen is probably not original as there is no slot around the outside of the screen to accommodate the rubber. The existing, shot to pieces rubber, is actually stuck to the body reveal of the aperture. The windscreen section is a "U" profile black steel with no place to slot a rubber in. The existing rubber/spongy seal is as the picture section here. Now comes the problem, none of the suppliers that I have contacted, A7, Seven workshop, Woolies and Seals Direct, have this profile available. Anyone here have any suggestions, I would be most grateful.
Can you get a flat 8mm x 12 mm section and using Tiger Seal / Sticks all glue a 2 x 4 section to it.
I think Dave Mann (a long standing forum member) would be able to advise you on this - if he doesn't pick this thread up, send him a PM as the forum email system doesn't appear to work. The link below to the old ASF Forum mainly concerns RP windscreen frames, but does mention RN's and includes an image of one of Dave Mann's excellent repro RN screen frames in brass - I believe the original RN frames were stove enamelled steel.

http://pub25.bravenet.com/forum/static/s...3&cmd=show

[attachment=3225 Wrote:Jeff Taylor pid='12950' dateline='1531307563']I think Dave Mann (a long standing forum member) would be able to advise you on this - if he doesn't pick this thread up, send him a PM as the forum email system doesn't appear to work. The link below to the old ASF Forum mainly concerns RP windscreen frames, but does mention RN's and includes an image of one of Dave Mann's excellent repro RN screen frames in brass - I believe the original RN frames were stove enamelled steel.

http://pub25.bravenet.com/forum/static/s...3&cmd=show

Looking at this link I am not so sure about mine being original or not now. Save to say there is no way of fitting the seal to the screen, it must have to be glued into the body, unless of course someone knows different!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)