The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Now VL 4193
So that suggests it probably didn't sit around in a showroom for long when new.. but you could do with a few more other cars stats to compare to.

You can submit 'your' car on the online Register form - doesn't matter who owns it. That's one more found!
(03-07-2018, 07:54 PM)JonE Wrote: So that suggests it probably didn't sit around in a showroom for long.. but you could do with a few more to compare to.

You can submit 'your' car on the online Register form - doesn't matter who owns it. That's one more found!

The story I have is that it belonged to a collector in Lincs. He sold all cars except 3 and then died last year. Family is selling through local dealer as they live away, lots and lots of history in the post. Only been up for sale for 24 hours. Had long chat with dealer, doesn't sound the shy and reserved type.
So it sounds like it didnt move far from where it was first registered. Did he have any more Sevens..? (Be interesting to know what his thinning down resulted in as well his Austin...)
(03-07-2018, 09:18 PM)JonE Wrote: So it sounds like it didnt move far from where it was first registered. Did he have any more Sevens..? (Be interesting to know what his thinning down resulted in as well his Austin...)

I don't think so,  a Roller was mentioned and one other. Apparently previous years had many cars. I'll get a name soon. Let you know.
(03-07-2018, 09:43 PM)Biddlecombe Wrote:
(03-07-2018, 09:18 PM)JonE Wrote: So it sounds like it didnt move far from where it was first registered. Did he have any more Sevens..? (Be interesting to know what his thinning down resulted in as well his Austin...)

I don't think so,  a Roller was mentioned and one other. Apparently previous years had many cars. I'll get a name soon. Let you know.

Previous owner was the late Mr. R E Dale farmer of Louth, Lincs.
The Hawerby Rally was held on Robert Dale's land in the 1970s/80s.I rember seeing a black Austin 7 saloon in one of his buildings,he did have quite a few vehicles. Hawerby Hall is of the A18.
I am pleased to report that I have collected it and is now safely home. Standby you wonderful helpers I'm going to need all the help I can get. Hahaha.

New Home in Sussex.    
congratulations! it looks fabulous including that lovely decaying Triplex screen. Be interested to know more about the paint... does it look old, or has it been sprayed over in more recent years? It looks pleasingly unassuming....

Be really nice to see some detail shots of all the crevices, corners and interesting bits...
What a nice, straight looking car, and a bargain at the asking price. Even the running boards, usually one of the most vulnerable sufferers from ageing, look firm. The charming yellowing window glass looks to me like the drivers door, not the screen? I hope it does not need to be replaced on safety grounds. The sidedraught carb, together with its manifold and exhaust pipe is not correct for a front tank car, but no matter, so long as it runs o.k.

Don't mess with anything, at least without expert advice first! Lost originality can never be recovered.

[attachment=3167 Wrote:JonE pid='12700' dateline='1530815757']congratulations! it looks fabulous including that lovely decaying Triplex screen. Be interested to know more about the paint... does it look old, or has it been sprayed over in more recent years? It looks pleasingly unassuming....

Be really nice to see some detail shots of all the crevices, corners and interesting bits...

Thanks Jon. Paint is not great. Seems it's been painted black at some time as Opal Blue is showing through in many places.  The paint is pretty poor in places. The decaying glass is actually the drivers window and I think should be replaced. Winsdscreen rubber is shot as is back window seal. The passenger seat support metal cross member / battery box is broken. Just lots of stuff that needs looking after really. Trying to get to grips with starting. Starts OK but fades and dies. Then wont restart for ages. Has original rear blind but needs new string. Needs new window winder as they dont match. Inside rear courtesy light needs fixing. Lots of draughts around doors, and sliding roof seals need attention. Apart from that I am absolutely chuffed to bits. The seller organised for the local garage to "recommission" the car for sale, apart from 4 new tyres and tubes, the engine wouldn't start so they replaced the carb and manifold. The original carb and manifold is in the back seat!!