The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cup in a Box - resurrected from the old Forum...
This thread started back in 2013 - here:  http://pub25.bravenet.com/forum/static/s...=show&cp=1

Photobucket appear to be allowing us to see photos again, thank goodness I didn't shut my account or delete the images.

Progress on the car has been very slow indeed (last update was 2016) due to me working on other people's cars instead. Nic Wiggins has worked away in the background repairing and restoring the windscreen, results of which can be seen below, awesome work for which I am very grateful.

Today. however, I was able to bring it out of storage and get things ready for the body to be mounted on the frame properly later this week...

I assembled the radiator into the cowl, fitted the cow horns, flitch plates and wing supports, the body was then placed into position and needs to come back about 2.5 inches.

Fantastic! One of those milestone moments we all live for. The windscreen looks good and appears to fit ok - phew!
It fits perfectly thank to you and Nic - much appreciated!
Awesome.... and thank goodness it is not just me who is slow with updates!
Black Art Enthusiast
Life is busy eh, Ian?
How did your weather resistance experiments with the Abertex Rexine go, will we see it used here?
Black Art Enthusiast
Beautiful!

Just a tip from my experience... get the bonnet and flitch plates to fit after fully tightening the body down. My bonnet fitted perfectly until I put the proper bolts in. I think that the conveyor belt blocks are quite compressible and the gaps between body and bonnet have opened right up.

Peter
Thank you Peter.

Ian, it was not 100% so it will be skinned with something that is. I do not want to risk the body rotting from the inside out.
Looks great Ruairidh!
(05-06-2018, 10:01 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: This thread started back in 2013 - here:  http://pub25.bravenet.com/forum/static/s...=show&cp=1

Photobucket appear to be allowing us to see photos again, thank goodness I didn't shut my account or delete the images.

Progress on the car has been very slow indeed (last update was 2016) due to me working on other people's cars instead. Nic Wiggins has worked away in the background repairing and restoring the windscreen, results of which can be seen below, awesome work for which I am very grateful.

Today. however, I was able to bring it out of storage and get things ready for the body to be mounted on the frame properly later this week...

I assembled the radiator into the cowl, fitted the cow horns, flitch plates and wing supports, the body was then placed into position and needs to come back about 2.5 inches.

Hi Ruairidh,
It looks very promising, and I'm glad you are making time to get it all together!
Regards, Ashley