The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cup in a Box - resurrected from the old Forum...
Hood frame adapted slightly to make the peak a little heavier for weather flap etc...

(01-01-2019, 08:35 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Hood frame adapted slightly to make the peak a little heavier for weather flap etc...

Well done R - that looks nice.
Tonneau and hood bag now complete - some issues with the hood are still to be resolved...

Hi Ruairidh

It’s all looking very trim -Smile That’s a top notch trimmer who’s helped
with this phase of the build.

I’m still researching materials for the hood. Originally it would have been a heavy twill ?
or was double duck invented then?

Have you opted for an Everflex material for the tonneau, hood bag, sidescreens and hood?

I managed to get some stainless lift a dots from the USA as I’ve found with other types that they go rusty.

I’m interested to know if you’ve used double height lift a dot pegs on the rear cockpit?

I was going to use single ones as I was thinking, either  the hood is on, or the tonneau is on, or the hood bag is on.

I’ll be interested to see the sidescreens too as I haven’t figured mine out yet though I’ve got some
frames made now.

This car is going to feature in magazines for years to come!!

Regards

Bill G
Based near the Scottish Border,
(16-02-2019, 12:25 PM)AllAlloyCup Wrote: It’s all looking very trim -Smile That’s a top notch trimmer who’s helped
with this phase of the build.

He is absolutely superb, I am utterly delighted with his work. The finish on this part is perhaps the most important and will make or break a build like this in my opinion.

(16-02-2019, 12:25 PM)AllAlloyCup Wrote: I’m still researching materials for the hood. Originally it would have been a heavy twill ?
or was double duck invented then?

No idea Bill, sorry - I am after longevity on this and chose appropriately based on my other cars.

(16-02-2019, 12:25 PM)AllAlloyCup Wrote: Have you opted for an Everflex material for the tonneau, hood bag, sidescreens and hood?

No, this is exterior quality vinyl leathercloth - for the reasons above.

(16-02-2019, 12:25 PM)AllAlloyCup Wrote: I managed to get some stainless lift a dots from the USA as I’ve found with other types that they go rusty.

I’m interested to know if you’ve used double height lift a dot pegs on the rear cockpit?

I have had no problems like you describe with Lift The Dot fixings, all my cars are fitted with them.

The pegs are indeed double height.

(16-02-2019, 12:25 PM)AllAlloyCup Wrote: I was going to use single ones as I was thinking, either the hood is on, or the tonneau is on, or the hood bag is on.

This is why I asked him to use them.

(16-02-2019, 12:25 PM)AllAlloyCup Wrote: I’ll be interested to see the sidescreens too as I haven’t figured mine out yet though I’ve got some
frames made now.

I don't want to fit these, no need and it is very doubtful that I could drive safely with one on the driver's side for sure (I've tried).

(16-02-2019, 12:25 PM)AllAlloyCup Wrote: This car is going to feature in magazines for years to come!!

Not in my ownership - I cannot think of anything worse. My enjoyment comes from, researching, building and then driving such vehicles, not much beyond that.
Looks marvellous R. Stunning work.
Hi Ruairidh

Thanks for answering my queries.

I was meaning Austin 7 club magazines ! Not Octane
Perhaps, but The Automobile might be appropriate.

Sidescreens and a hood are worth having when you park up
On rainy nights? Perhaps not ideal for driving though?
Though a tonneau is OK,

Regards

Bill G
Based near the Scottish Border,
Wow R, its really coming on, well done!
(16-02-2019, 01:02 PM)AllAlloyCup Wrote: Sidescreens and a hood are worth having when you park up
On rainy nights? Perhaps not ideal for driving though?
Though a tonneau is OK,

Sidescreens are not at all necessary, when you have tonneau, in my experience Bill.

Half Sidescreens are only needed on a cold winters nights drive....

.jpg   Monte.JPG (Size: 207.2 KB / Downloads: 229)