The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheapskate Special
        Just had a look at Slippery Anne progress  This is my effort so far. Not quite up to the same standard. It runs but not quite ready for the road yet. (Stiff steering to sort out).
Actually you've done a sterling job there Dave, that's a very pretty little car and I'm sure you will have many miles of fun in her

Well done !!

Aye
Greig
Looks very like a Paxton special. Looks fine to me . Keep going with it
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
Nice work Dave - I would expect nothing less.
derek, you beat me to it.

as i scrolled down i thought it looked very paxton.

well done.

tony
I built this one 30 years ago, it eventually went to Germany
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
Thanks for the kind words. It's taken about 5 years, many bits accumulated over the last 25 years which I thought might come in handy. Body frame made from steel tubular deckchairs, our kid's trampoline frame, oak furniture and superfluous engineered oak floorboards from my daughter's house renovation. Exhaust from father in law's disability handrails made into bunch of bananas, front pipe from son's rowing machine (also used to make shock absorber arms) silencer from CO2  cylinders and rear pipe from  builders wheelbarrow frame. Dashboard from grandma's oak mantleshelf (been storing that for 40 odd years) and dashlight from bathtap stem cover. Windscreen supports from old solid brass bath handles. All the rest of the bodywork materials I had to buy unfortunately! 
Cheers,Dave.
It's called 'repurposing' Dave and it seems you have knack for it, your little car looks great, my only gripe is that you haven't posted enough pictures for us..... ?

Aye
Greig
          Greig, two more photos. The rear hatch hinges up so I can carry luggage (toothbrush and change of underwear then it will be full)
I know and like Paxtons but they most definitely have the look of a 1980s special.

The Wortley retains an older feel with perky styling to match. The more I see the more I like Dave; really nice work!