The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1938 Austin 7 Dual Purpose roadster
Hi all,  based on the advertisements from the day, I assume my car is a Dual Purpose roadster.  What is your interpretation of the dual purpose?

My car is slightly different on the scuttle and door shape so must have been a different body builder.

My knowledge of the overseas bodies is minimal at best, so nice to learn something, and see pictures of your car. 
What a great story and restoration.
This car appears to be an earlier version of the same kind of body style, this one by Holden. Pictures taken at Beaulieu 2015.

(20-08-2017, 02:15 PM)1938austin7 Wrote: Hi all,  based on the advertisements from the day, I assume my car is a Dual Purpose roadster.  What is your interpretation of the dual purpose?

My car is slightly different on the scuttle and door shape so must have been a different body builder.

Geoff's restoration is on our Club website- nice job.

http://www.austin7club.org/1938%20Austin...ration.pdf

A quick check of the archives - from the Melbourne Argus September 1938-

"Claimed to be the lowest priced new car on the market in Australia a dual purpose roadster has been added to the
range of 7-hp Austins available from Austin Distributors Ltd. Although primarily designed to accommodate two passengers, it can hold four when an additional seat is placed in the rear compartment which is used normally for luggage or goods"

Cheers, Tony.