The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
What have you been up to today
(24-09-2017, 02:25 PM)Reckless Rat Wrote: My short time in the garage today was taken up with re-spoking one of the wheels on the RP and then exchanging it for the spare wheel, which was running much truer.

I had been out in the car a few weeks ago for a meal with friends, and there were four of us in the old girl, slogging uphill to a little hamlet in the Cévennes called St-Paul la Coste. We got there and back no trouble but the following day I used the car to pop to the post office and I could hear a metallic tinkling noise coming from the back of the car. At first I thought it was the luggage rack squeaking but after I got home I discovered that there were three broken spokes on the rear offside wheel, all the short inner ones.

After waiting for a spares delivery I re-laced the wheel but struggled to get it to run completely true. I decided to swap wheels rather than risk breaking even more spokes trying to true it. This is the second time I've had trouble with this particular wheel so perhaps bolting it on the back carrier might be a good idea. Time to start saving beer tokens for a set of rims/spokes...
I also had strange noises from the rear offside of the Chummy at Beaulieu Rally during the driving tests. When I got home I found seven broken inner spokes on that wheel: three sounds almost insignificant to me!
I'm just going to park this here. I don't want a million people to see it!

This is what happens if you slavishly follow the one way system! 

.jpg   Screenshot_20220305-123112_Gallery.jpg (Size: 150.38 KB / Downloads: 302) y
I do hope that is not the Crematorium Chapel.
(05-03-2022, 02:14 PM)dickie65 Wrote: I do hope that is not the Crematorium Chapel.

Ha! Thankfully not (and I disconnected the battery)! A friend asked if he could borrow it to illustrate his sermon tomorrow... I'm intrigued to find out what parallels he will draw!
Hi Bill, how utterly amazing your nickel plating is, you mentioned a kit, can you let me know who supplies the kit please.

Arthur
(05-03-2022, 02:55 PM)Nick Lettington Wrote:
(05-03-2022, 02:14 PM)dickie65 Wrote: I do hope that is not the Crematorium Chapel.

Ha! Thankfully not (and I disconnected the battery)! A friend asked if he could borrow it to illustrate his sermon tomorrow... I'm intrigued to find out what parallels he will draw!

Intrigued also - please report back. especially, since, racking my brain, I can't think of a single Austin in the bible. (though 7 is a holy number!)

All I can come up with car wise is Joshua's Triumph and the disciples being all in one Accord. (I'll get my coat)  Big Grin
(05-03-2022, 03:04 PM)jpsmit Wrote: Intrigued also - please report back. especially, since, racking my brain, I can't think of a single Austin in the bible. (though 7 is a holy number!)

All I can come up with car wise is Joshua's Triumph and the disciples being all in one Accord. (I'll get my coat)  Big Grin

Take a look at Matthew 13 v45 for a start.
(05-03-2022, 02:55 PM)Nick Lettington Wrote:

Hol(e)y?
Proverbs 31 v10 is also a good candidate,... if you'd seen my old Ruby you'd know what I mean!
groan to both (though I get it Big Grin)