The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
What have you been up to today
Here's what the North Herts Centre of the 750MC was up to yesterday - its Autumn Ramble with about fifteen 7s taking part. We went from Baldock to the Farmland Museum and Denny Abbey near Cambridge. Glorious warm weather and quiet roads. Marvellous.

Snaps are here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsm5HUBn5

.jpg   IMG_1650.JPG (Size: 133.71 KB / Downloads: 561)

After a couple of weeks I've finished with nickel plating
And here is the result.

The chemicals that came with the kits  have now been
Filtered and stored and I've spare ingredients so
Could do other batches of small parts.

Works best on brass components but also steel.
It's a bright nickel process but I polished one of two 
old Chummy handles and the finish is comparable.

For some parts I brushed them with fine scotchbrite
To look a little less bling!

Regards
Bill
Based near the Scottish Border,
Decided to do a test fit of the new S/Steel front twin shock absorber, a lovely little bit of kit, Removed old shock, then noticed the bush pins are set at different lengths, this is to compensate for the way the original shock is designed, checked parts list and both pins are the same part number so the offset is machined into the taper in the axle. All the twin front shocks setups I have seen are made the same way and do not account for the offset, this would probably not matter to much as the rubber bushes would take up the difference over a 20 inch span, still the axle did not look right to me, and as the pins had to come out for a clean up anyway I decided to put it right. The N/S pin came out easy with the aid of a small 2 leg puller from behind, the O/S pin was a bit more of a problem the nut had its thread stripped and just went round and round, a nut splitter just fitted into to hollow in the axle and solved that problem, then the 2 legged puller popped the taper. After cleaning up the pins and threads refitted the O/S pin then re-cut the taper on the N/S pin so that it sits deeper into the axle, now both sides match. So what should have been half an hours work ended up taking me half a day!

Couple of days ago I set too and removed 9 old tyres from 9 wheels. Today was scraping eighty years of dried up oil drips from various panels near the engine.
(25-09-2017, 10:04 AM)AllAlloyCup Wrote: After a couple of weeks I've finished with nickel plating
And here is the result.

The chemicals that came with the kits  have now been
Filtered and stored and I've spare ingredients so
Could do other batches of small parts.

Works best on brass components but also steel.
It's a bright nickel process but I polished one of two 
old Chummy handles and the finish is comparable.

For some parts I brushed them with fine scotchbrite
To look a little less bling!

Regards
Bill

Very impressive Bill, I have been thinking of getting one of those kits, I think you have made my mind up.
Cheers

Mark
(25-09-2017, 05:26 PM)andrew34ruby Wrote: Couple of days ago I set too and removed 9 old tyres from 9 wheels. Today was scraping eighty years of dried up oil drips from various panels near the engine.

Excellent, good to hear and see some gritty stuff going on, cheers me up after the sight of immaculate machinery and clean work surfaces!
I've been enjoying the daily commute. A lovely misty morning and time enough to take the pretty route to work.

Today has been mostly about papier maché
Started stripping out the Pearl I bought last week to get the body off next week.
Had sunday lunch in the conservatory with relatives yesterday,Along with a '29 rolling chassis and it's to be fitted sports body.