The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dipping Headlamp wiring
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the dipping circuit for my AG tourer. I have now established it has R47 35/32 lamps with original Lucas Graves reflectors (which I eventually will get re-silvered in Birmingham) I have some Bosch bulbs somewhere, I will see if they fit the bulb holders (which do take BPF bulbs if all else fails)
I particularly need to know how to wire up the 9/CS dip switch (3 Terminals) to the terminal block on the bulkhead & thence to the light switch and on to the Head & sidelights. I can probably work out the tail light wiring.... Advice on wire gauges will be helpful too.
Were there any particular colours? the remains of the wiring to the dip switch are not much help. the "top" wire is white! Were they still in "armoured" cable in early 1932?
The wiring at the moment looks like the trade test (failed) of an apprentice electrician in week two of training! how not to do it!
David
[attachment=2716 Wrote:David.H pid='10222' dateline='1526330992'][attachment=2716]Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the dipping circuit for my AG tourer. I have now established it has R47 35/32 lamps with original Lucas Graves reflectors (which I eventually will get re-silvered in Birmingham) I have some Bosch bulbs somewhere, I will see if they fit the bulb holders (which do take BPF bulbs if all else fails)
I particularly need to know how to wire up the 9/CS dip switch (3 Terminals) to the terminal block on the bulkhead & thence to the light switch and on to the Head & sidelights. I can probably work out the tail light wiring.... Advice on wire gauges will be helpful too.
Were there any particular colours? the remains of the wiring to the dip switch are not much help. the "top" wire is white! Were they still in "armoured" cable in early 1932?
The wiring at the moment looks like the trade test (failed) of an apprentice electrician in week two of training! how not to do it!
David
Hopefully there is an RN wiring diagram attached. The wire from the light switch H terminal goes to the dip switch terminal which has the switch lever on, the other two terminals are dip and main which ever way suits you, I arrange it with the lever up is main and down dip. I don't think the wire to the dip switch was armoured, I use some 3 core mains flex.
Thanks for that information, but...no attachment that I can discover....
D
(15-05-2018, 05:46 PM)David.H Wrote: Thanks for that information, but...no attachment that I can discover....
D

Check the A7CA Archive to see if the handbook is available to view.

Just checked- Handbook 715D is available with the wiring diagram on page 36-

http://archive.a7ca.org/wp-content/uploa...7_715D.pdf

Cheers, Tony
[attachment=2726 Wrote:David.H pid='10249' dateline='1526402764']Thanks for that information, but...no attachment that I can discover....
D

Second time lucky

Attached Files
.doc   wiring diagram.doc (Size: 133.5 KB / Downloads: 20)
(16-05-2018, 09:01 AM)Dave Mann Wrote:
(15-05-2018, 05:46 PM)David.H Wrote: Thanks for that information, but...no attachment that I can discover....
D

Second time lucky
Fantastic! THAT even I can follow.
Thanks so much.
I have removed all the old wires & the body is 75% done, so this is a great help.
The car is a bit of a special...1932 AG original steel body (chummy) SWB tourer, modified with 4 speed box, Nippy head etc (not crankcase, sadly) hydraulic brakes & an interesting history...Hong Kong, California, Ohio....
David
David