The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Germany
(16-05-2018, 12:13 PM)David.H Wrote: Interesting thread!
I am off to the Sauerland at the end of June in my MGZA to the Magnette International event. MANY years ago (1963 ish) when serving in the Royal Artillery in Menden (Sauerland) I organised a Rally (sorry, for you taxpayers  -- Motoring Event suitable for Military Training!) with an Army Air Corps Sergeant Pilot as co Secretary of the Course. We did the first "draft" of the route by air in (I think ) a Skeeter helicopter. The roads were great & it was a fine place to get lots of navigators lost!
It will be interesting to see how much it has changed....

You will find the roads still to be fantastic and yes the navigation of the well surfaced link roads between villages and farms interesting to say the least. I played rugby for the Gordon Highlanders in Hemer and Düsseldorf Dragons in Düsseldorf although a Civi. One problem we had was that each passage control was in a town and or village and they would give us gifts. We started the rally with a bucket of 45 Bockwurst being handed to us. I had thought I’d planned storage for every eventuality but......The next small town was a bag of charcoal......Great hospitality.