The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mk1 Ruby door piping...
Does anyone have photos of how the fraught excluder piping was attached at the points below and also how far up the door post it goes please?

I think I'm right in saying the two holes beside the front door hinge are where the draught excluder ends - held by a couple of rivets. In this way the end of the excluder is protected from damage by the sill flange. The back corner should be similar and the step in the metalwork above the curve doesn't look correct here.

On a Mk2 Ruby (not sure if Mk1 are the same) the excluder goes all the way up the door pillars and across the top. The rear quarter trim panel has a half-moon cut-out level with the door lock to ensure the lock doesn't tear the excluder.

I have seen cars with excluder across the bottom too but I don't think this is correct. 

I'm open to correction on any of this as I've never seen a complete undamaged original one but in the absence of any other info... 

Peter.
Many thanks. I think the Mk1 is different Peter, there appears to be a metal strip along the bottom that holds the piping in place all the way along. Somebody will know for sure.
The picture at the bottom of p53 of the Rinsey Mills book shows an AC Pearl door aperture - there does seem to be piping or similar going down, round and along the floor? - so this is different from the Mk II.

It would be useful to restorers if there were more detailed photos somewhere on one of the sites of very original cars (even if a little play-worn) that could be consulted?

Colin
That picture gives me all I need to know - thank you very much Colin!

Geoff - Been sidetracked as usual.