The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with a 1930's trailer
The wheels on the winchman,s post are pre 1934 Morris Minor.
(09-05-2018, 08:21 AM)Mike Costigan Wrote: ... and those wheels are Morris, too - Bullnose Cowley this time!

Morris, of course, assembled his cars from bought-in components, unlike Austin who manufactured almost everything himself. This means that companies like Gibson could source their components from the same sub-contractors as Morris.

Thanks thats what I wondered.
Thanks for all your help they are indeed Morris wheels, confirmed by the prewar Morris forum, so any one have a usable spare?

(09-05-2018, 07:17 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Here’s another for you.

For sale just now, so I understand.

I would love to restore that.
My son and I love prewar cars but as we cant afford one we have to settle for trailers, I did see a set of similar wheels at the weekend but one was so badly corroded it looked smaller than the other!
I will send you details in a PM. Hope you get it.
(09-05-2018, 05:04 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: I will send you details in a PM. Hope you get it.

Thanks I got it sadly its a long way from me.

Now still trailer related would it be wrong to bolt an ammo box to the draw bar for the jack etc?
What would people have used in the 30's?
I am not a military man so could not offer you any advice on this.

A number on here are and would be a better bet than me for you.
Just a small update on this old tread
I nearly sold the trailer but like preserving it, now strange things do happen as my son has just bought a seven!
So now we have a tow car well when its up and running