Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
6V Dynamator - first hand experiences...
Thank you Russell and Dave.

Please spread the word as there are many who are not on the Forum who may need to know this information.
Whatever you do, don't take my word for it!

The obvious thing is to post it on the Austin Seven facebook group with 1800 odd followers, but that needs to be done very, very sensitively... perhaps just advocating help and assistance via the Friends forum etc.?
65/Nippy resource archive: [Only registered and activated users can see the links Click here to register]
RK and RF resource: [Only registered and activated users can see the links Click here to register]
Latest update.

A new dynamo distributor drive gear arrived today from Tony Betts - I have fitted it to my second Dynamator unit and the difference is quite dramatic. There is very little noise, even when listened to through a stethoscope - both ends of the unit sounds quiet and happy.

I know Roly is still waiting for his new gear to arrive but I am hopeful that the outcome will be the same.

There is some long driving coming up for me fairly soon so I should be able to test this set up properly. I have also now sent a set each of the original Accuspark gears to two Forum users, who will report back anything they find from it.
Whatever you do, don't take my word for it!

The silence from Accuspark about this is deafening.