The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
6V Dynamator - first hand experiences...
If you have replaced the ignition warning light with a link the dynamator will be supplying power to the coil when then engine is running even with the ignition switch in the off position.
Have you connected 'D' to anything? With no ignition light then D should connect to nothing. If you have connected D straight through, to the ignition coil, then disconnect it.
Thanks chaps, the car has no ignition lamp and hence the wiring just goes as though this was bypassed and linked straight through. I do have "D" connected to the coil. If I disconnect this, will it have any effect to the charging? I'm thinking the correct answer is to install an ignition lamp right?
Hi Robbie did you manage to get the issue sorted out . I have also had the same problem although I do have an ignition lamp on my switch panel . The lamp does not go off when the car is running and when I switch ignition off it also does not stop . D on my panel is grounded ? Any advice
Hi Kenny, yes all fixed. I disconnected the wire connected to "D" and all sorted. This is due to not having an ignition lamp it seems...