The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manual/Automatic Distributor
Thirty year's ago, my '33 two-seat tourer was converted back to manual advance/retard and 'gas'. There has always been much friction in the rods and the mechanism at the base of the steering column plus the control box on the steering wheel, rotate. I've put up with this, but no longer. What is the problem, and is it curable? Furthermore, who might be nearest to me in Fareham, Hants, to take it apart, sort it, and at the same time perhaps reposition the worm in the steering box for a lighter lock?
Any thoughts would be most gratefully received! 'At wit's end'!
(07-05-2018, 02:19 PM)Alexander Wrote: Thirty year's ago, my '33 two-seat tourer was converted back to manual advance/retard and 'gas'. There has always been much friction in the rods and the mechanism at the base of the steering column plus the control box on the steering wheel, rotate. I've put up with this, but no longer. What is the problem, and is it curable? Furthermore, who might be nearest to me in Fareham, Hants, to take it apart, sort it, and at the same time perhaps reposition the worm in the steering box for a lighter lock?
Any thoughts would be most gratefully received! 'At wit's end'!
I suggest asking Steve Hodgson:-
SMH SERVICES LTD (Steve Hodgson)
Address: The Barn at  rear of 56 Sea Road, East Preston, W. Sussex BN16 1LP
Phone: 07870 731074 Workshop: 01903 775860
Email: stevehodgo@hotmail.co.uk
Services: Restoration and repairs. Austin Sevens a speciality
Apart from being good at what he does, he learned a lot of it by being brought up on Austin Sevens.
Robert Leigh
Thanks Robert, though Steve is well spoken of, I was hoping for someone closer as I don't have a trailer.