The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headlight Bulb
(08-05-2018, 05:27 PM)David.H Wrote: My 1932 AG tourer (short chassis, later Chummy styling) has a pair of 7" headlamps that have sort of been converted to double dipping using BPF bulbs & sidelights. However the reflector is 6 3/8" diameter, so fits where it almost touches! 
David  - I didn't understand the last bit here, but these sound possibly like original R47s which would take the A7Workshop units fine? Why dont you post a picture of the units here?
(09-05-2018, 09:57 AM)JonE Wrote:
(08-05-2018, 05:27 PM)David.H Wrote: My 1932 AG tourer (short chassis, later Chummy styling) has a pair of 7" headlamps that have sort of been converted to double dipping using BPF bulbs & sidelights. However the reflector is 6 3/8" diameter, so fits where it almost touches! 
David  - I didn't understand the last bit here, but these sound possibly like original R47s which would take the A7Workshop units fine? Why dont you post a picture of the units here?
I will have a go....watch this space, but don't stop breathing!
D
OK. I have had a closer look & I now think that the lights may have their original reflectors. One was held in with integral clips (the other one's has rusted away, hence the W clips. Whether the lights are original....? I will now try & send some photos
D

AG headlights.
You will note the fine quality of the wiring!
Having put the hollow round gasket back in place and centred the reflector, it now fits well. T he reflector diameter (& thus the bowl) is close to 6.75" and the lamp is close to 7" at the widest point of the Rim 
David

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hello David. Your photos show Lucas type 35/32 headlamps also known as Lucas-Graves, Major Graves being the inventor of the dipping headlamp bulb. The 35 is the profile of the shell, 32 refers to the angle of the offset. These lamps are correct for your car and have survived remarkably well. The reflectors are Lucas suitable for the 700 (7") series hence the BPF bulb.
The glasses should be the 'reeded' type but originals are getting scarce due to them being fitted to vintage motor cycles, Morgans and Morrises amongst others.

Regards from the creative county - Staffordshire

Stuart
Many thanks!!
D