The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Tips
(08-05-2018, 05:29 PM)Viteran Wrote: I thought everyone did, I assumed the peg was part of the original kit !

Not always original I fear. An archeologist pal did a dendrochronology test on the peg in my Ruby, and whilst confirming that is was European ash, dated it as 1953 and so of dubious provenance.
One of the original members of the PWA7C, Northwest Group, Vic Wilde, said many years ago that fitting a four blade fan reduced the engine temperature of his Special by 10 degrees C.  I have not needed to do this, but have it in mind, should the hotter running caused by modern fuels start to cause a problem, as it looks like a straightforward and practical solution.

Colin
(07-05-2018, 04:34 PM)Colin Morgan Wrote: If you come across woodworm and treat it, put a pencil circle round each hole - then you can see if there is any fresh activity next time you look.  The blighters can continue to emerge for some years - in the summer - and if two get together and lay eggs, then there could be a lot more trouble...

Colin

In the old building world we check whether woodworm is active by gluing tissue paper over the holes during the winter.  By June you'll know, because there will be holes in the paper.