The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boot Idea or Bad idea
There is usually, depending on how it is designed, quite a lot of space under the bonnet, on top of the scuttle.

When we camped in our Cambridge that is where the tent and other stuff went.

I would make a box to fit where the scuttle tank goes, using 1.5mm ply and 10mm quarter round hardwood.

Light, strong enough, and easy to work with.

Simon
and nice and dry...

That gets my vote. Nippy style - very handy.

Have you any way of telling whether the front tank was also a Cambridge twin-tank design for continental touring (nice registration for that, by the way), or whether that came later at the behest of some owner?
Some great responces and good advise! 

If the spare wheel on the back was part of the Cambridge design I think i need to preserve that. The rear tank will stay as is!  Smile One of the reasons I asked this group is because I knew I would get good feedback!

The car was built as a hill climber. It came with two engines, road use and sports use. I've yet to look inside the current road engine but the sports engine is bored out to .60 thou, has high lift cam and lightened flywheel. Aluminium Cambridge head. Twin su carb.
It was my great uncle's so the car has always been in the family. It Sat in a garage for years as he wasn't able to work on it anymore due to his age. Ive now taken it on board. Can't wait to get it on the road again!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)