The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rusty box
Wonder how much higher this will go than the £2300 BIN it appeared for briefly earlier in the week?  Rolleyes
New listingAUSTIN 7 SEVEN 1934 BOX SALOON BARN STORED SINCE 1960 RUNNING ENGINE OILY RAG
(27-04-2018, 08:14 AM)JonE Wrote: Wonder how much higher this will go than the £2300 BIN it appeared for briefly earlier in the week?  Rolleyes
New listingAUSTIN 7 SEVEN 1934 BOX SALOON BARN STORED SINCE 1960 RUNNING ENGINE OILY RAG

I would doubt it. It'd be nice if someone took it on as a passion project, though. I see things like this and immediately fall in love.
Its just a pity it didnt get snapped up by that right person straight away. I envisage if it doesn't then its going to get broken.

I think it would make a great oily rag, with some of that Ankor wax...
Currently running at £3100 with six days to go.. it's a very odd world out there Jon.

Last wednesdays H&H Buxton auction,a real rag tag,left 60 lots unsold looking for new homes!!!
It is staggering what Sevens fetch in the UK. An impeccably restored car here would be lucky to reach double the equiv of L3100, and a wreck in that condition would be competing more with the scrap metal value. It just might have a good crankcase, cwp and axles. The doors are little dropped!

It is curious that the bottoms of doors are intact but the running boards etc so rusted. More typical of neglected rural vehicles here which ran through a lot of manure from daily dairy cow drives on the roads.
The accessory front bumper although of springy pattern transfers damage direct to the bodywork whereas the open tyres absorb. The rear guard shows the usual evidence of no rear bumpers.
I'm a great believer in the saying "It ain't over till the fat lady sings". How many times have we seen a car apparently sold on eBay, only to be re-listed due to a non-paying bidder? Here's a very recent example, which initially sold within hours as a BIN.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/222951541128