The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dynamator
(25-04-2018, 08:18 PM)Roland Alcock Wrote: Agreed, I suggested to them that they supply the missing bolts. They said they would look into it. Clearly they haven’t. 

R.

I have also suggested this.
It would be better if they used BSF. The norm is BSF into steel BSW into alloy. BSW is confusing.
Jim
Hi Jim,

The end plates on the dynamators I have seen are made from aluminium - which probably explains the choice.
Hi All , Just fitting my new Dynamator and the first thing i have spotted is that my example has 1/4 BSF threads in the aluminium end plate not 1/4 BSW as stated in the instructions. So check before you mangle these threads.  best of luck   john
Ha ha! Can we ask what model it is - i.e. is it all black, or one with silver bits on? 12V or 6?

I queried the bolts thing last week and didn't even get a reply. (Although I suppose its possible I'll find a small package waiting for me when I return to home address)
(29-04-2018, 01:34 PM)JonE Wrote: Ha ha! Can we ask what model it is - i.e. is it all black, or one with silver bits on? 12V or 6?

I queried the bolts thing last week and didn't even get a reply. (Although I suppose its possible I'll find a small package waiting for me when I return to home address)

Hi, It's the six volt negative earth all black model
(25-04-2018, 11:55 AM)Mike Costigan Wrote: What's so wrong with 6v? Sevens have been fine on 6v for eighty years! Anyway, where do you get a 12v battery that will fit in the standard battery box?

I for one am happy to stick with 6 volt. If it works well why change.

People seem obsessed with poor headlights, the questions I would have for them are - are your reflectors beautifully silvered (not nickelled) and do you have the correct bulbs correctly focussed in the reflector ?
If these two things are correct then the headlights will be good for a vintage car.

Many early cars seem to have stop tail lights for headlights, not a hope in hell of focussing them !

Hope that is helpful.
Hello Nick
Do you have an acceptable solution for the early scuttle headlights, what part number for the bulbs do you have?
Many thanks.
Adrian.
(02-05-2018, 12:41 PM)Adrian Payne Wrote: Hello Nick
Do you have an acceptable solution for the early scuttle headlights, what part number for the bulbs do you have?
Many thanks.
Adrian.

Hi Adrian
I am talking about the early scuttle lights here. I am afraid I don't have a part number for the bulbs but you can find them on eBay.
Nick
Good afternoon Adrian.  In my experience scuttle lamps were usually fitted with single filament bulbs and although I have seen twin filament (main/side) bulbs  I have never been able to source them, hence the use of side/stop bulbs.
Single filament headlamp bulbs are available usually 6V 24W Ba15d (parallel pins) single contact.

Regards from the creative county - Staffordshire

Stuart