The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dynamator
Hi all, I have just purchased my new six volt negative earth Dynamator from Accuspark. I cant wait to see that amp meter head into the positive quadrant, and club discount is available! Smile
Why did you go for 6Volt ? I know you would have had to change the coil and bulbs, but unless you had solenoid dip lights or trafficators I would have thought a change to 12volt at the same time would give you opportunities for the future (LEDs etc). Perhaps there is another reason ?
BobH - Ps, is there a provision for the ignition light still
I have a 6v version - straight swap, no hassles so far and all the 6v lighting is working just fine for my needs.

Please report back on your experiences using it.
How about one for Magneto Engines?
Alan Fairless
I suggested to Accuspark that this would be a good move - they told me that they have already invested in excess of £17k for the tooling to make the coil version and will only consider making another design if the first one sells successfully.
(25-04-2018, 10:05 AM)bob46320 Wrote: Why did you go for 6Volt ? I know you would have had to change  the coil and bulbs, but unless you had solenoid dip lights or trafficators I would have thought a change to 12volt at the same time would give you opportunities for the future (LEDs etc). Perhaps there is another reason ?
BobH  -   Ps, is there a provision for the ignition light still

I was going to go 12V (on a bitza car where not so fussed about originality), but decided to stay with 6V as it's got a rarer rear facing starter and I was advised that "starters will generally be fine on 12V and then suddenly expire..."

So just risk minimisation. I'd like an easy life.
What's so wrong with 6v? Sevens have been fine on 6v for eighty years! Anyway, where do you get a 12v battery that will fit in the standard battery box?
Incidentally, my 6V has just arrived. No mark on it anywhere to distinguish, if you were to buy/use two of different voltage denominations? And did others get a bolt for the distributor locking point?
Hi Jon
what is the club code for discount?
Sadcase drive it day drove past your house in Fittleworth on sunday.
Hope you are well.
Regards
Gez
club7a

perhaps mods can remove if its not thought appropriate for the forum?