The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GE Cup - how much luggage space?
Hi David

Here’s my folding hood frame approx as
GE fitted.

Approx 4” cube x width of the windscreen.
Still to make the hood cover.

Regards

Bill G

.jpeg   B535D229-BCF7-47BD-A3AA-05DD72958B9F.jpeg (Size: 65.6 KB / Downloads: 150)
Based near the Scottish Border,
This may help you imagine the space available:

Peter.
Great photo - and makes it really clear what the upper boot and lower boot comments were all about. That is quite a bit of space...

My car has about a third of the "upper boot". Even the passenger footwell is difficult to use as that's the battery box. Does a GE put the fuel and battery in the scuttle?

(24-04-2018, 02:19 PM)DavidL Wrote: Great photo - and makes it really clear what the upper boot and lower boot comments were all about.  That is quite a bit of space...

My car has about a third of the "upper boot".  Even the passenger footwell is difficult to use as that's the battery box.  Does a GE put the fuel and battery in the scuttle?    A friend recently reminded me that as well as wanting to keep it light and the weight low my car was also designed so the body could go sideways through the passageway/tunnel from the back garden to the road.
I have a non-folding hood and no sidescreens. I have camped quite a few times two up with the tonneau, a soft bag of clothes, two sleeping bags and a tent in the boot. The small self erecting tents come in a round bag which is about the same size as the spare wheel.... You can fit a few bits under the drivers and passengers' legs too.