The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New wheel rims
I am having some 15" wheels respoked, but I am told that the rims are not truly circular. Does anyone know a source for 2.5" by 15" rims at a sensible price.
Robert
Nick Mouat ( James Wheildon)
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
(16-04-2018, 12:03 PM)Derek Sheldon Wrote: Nick Mouat ( James Wheildon)
It is Nick who is doing my wheels, and says he doesn't know a source of new rims.
Robert
Nick usually sources via MWS who manufacture in India. Most other smaller builders do the same. I understood that Richards Brothers in Cardiff have a different source so you could try them.
Suffolk, UK

1925 Chummy
1934 Box
When I got some made up the Nick was struggling to get the rims, did in the end but suggested I could use a modern steel rim and cut the middle out and he would then put the dimples / holes in, if you are very stuck.
I came across this - but not sure if it's of any help.

http://www.anglia-wheels.co.uk/price-lists
I had an 18-inch van wheel re-rimmed/re-spoked and powdercoated by Anglia Wheels. They did an excellent job
Rick

In deepest Norfolk
Regarding 'not truly circular', I always thought that this was taken care of during the lacing/spoking process.

Perhaps the OP's rims would be OK after a proper spoking job?
(16-04-2018, 10:42 AM)Robert Leigh Wrote: I am having some 15" wheels respoked, but I am told that the rims are not truly circular. Does anyone know a source for 2.5" by 15" rims at a sensible price.
Robert

I would try Richards Bros in Cardiff who have an amazing stock of rims and spokes.