The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
1930 Supersports
Hi All,

I understand that there is an original 1930 Supersports near me in Vancouver, B.C. It was a featured car at Pebble Beach in 2003. Does anyone know the history of this car and how original it is? It is apparently owned by David and Daphne Switzer.

Feeling autumn here in Seattle.

Erich
I thought the car was rebuilt at the time by a firm called Roverworks ? but can't remember any more than that.
(20-08-2017, 04:28 AM)Austin in the Shed Wrote: I thought the car was rebuilt at the time by a firm called Roverworks ? but can't remember any more than that.

Dave, I had heard from Ken Morton who's also in BC, that it is an original car. He had said, as I recall, that it has a Phoenix crank, but all other parts are original, including blower, and I think, a Cozette carb. I noted that in photos, it has no hood, has aero screens and cycle wings.
I think it was an original car with a cozette .Personally I prefer to see an ulster/sports on cycle wings,I think if I'd got to stick with the touring wings I'd rather drive a chummy !
Funnily as soon as I put my car on the road I took the hood off.
The restorers came to me for some engine parts I believe.
Can you get in touch with the cars owner ?
(18-08-2017, 07:57 PM)Erich Wrote: Hi All,

I understand that there is an original 1930 Supersports near me in Vancouver, B.C. It was a featured car at Pebble Beach in 2003. Does anyone know the history of this car and how original it is? It is apparently owned by David and Daphne Switzer.

Feeling autumn here in Seattle.

Erich

I did a bit of work on this car and supplied most of the instruments. It is an original car with all the right gear. David Switzer's phone is 604 298 6491