The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richard Edmonds
Swallow 2str. Sports sold for £40K + premium this afternoon       "crazy prices"
That's the market price for one of those.
I’m surprised there aren’t more replicas, other than the Jersey company that makes them. Would make a change from the ubiquitous Ulster.
Hi Jon

Did you see what the GE Cup went for? Just asking for a friend...

Bill G
Based near the Scottish Border,
(14-04-2018, 08:05 PM)Dave Wortley Wrote: I’m surprised there aren’t more replicas, other than the Jersey company that makes them. Would make a change from the ubiquitous Ulster.

Unfortunately they are going to be much more expensive to replicate; timber frame and opening doors on the body, an expensive radiator cowl, mudguards, windscreen and hood ... it's easy to dispense with the latter items on an Ulster copy, but a Swallow just wouldn't look right with cycle-type wings!
(14-04-2018, 08:36 PM)AllAlloyCup Wrote: Hi Jon

Did you see what the GE Cup went for?  Just asking for a friend...

Bill G

I didn't see a Cup for sale and can't find it in the catalogue - do you know what its Lot number was?
Sorry it was in the ACA Auction.

Bill G
Based near the Scottish Border,
The Two Seater Swallow in the Richard Edmunds auction was the ex John Gallon car. John passed away recently and he will be sadly missed. John was often seen at events with his Swallow and drove many thousands of miles in it. The estimate, by the way, was £18 - 25,000 SO if the car has sold for £40K plus premium then it has gone way over what was expected. I have visited the Auction website and it says the car has not sold - but perhaps the information still needs to be updated.

I hadn't realised that Richard Edmunds do not charge any commission for selling a car at auction. There is a non refundable deposit of £60 and there is a buyer's premium of 20%, apparently.

If I sell my Austin Swallow saloon I am seriously considering Auction and these terms seem reasonable. Yes/no?
does anyone have a breakdown of the other Austin 7 cars listed there? Nothing seems to be up on the website but would be interesting to know how things like that LWB chummy faired? Presumably not so well...
(14-04-2018, 08:36 PM)AllAlloyCup Wrote: Hi Jon

Did you see what the GE Cup went for?  Just asking for a friend...

Bill G

Hello Bill..

The Anglia Auction Gordon England Cup went under the hammer at £20,500+ 6% premium.. I understand the same car sold at Richard Edmunds in 2016 for £12000...?