The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transparency
Hi All
As the a7ca have had there AGM and 4 monthly meeting, are the InnerSanctum going to LEAK to us mere members of the A7CA, why they sacked the editor (Les Gamon) ?
Do you mean us members, the people who actually pay the money to keep the a7ca going?
Alan Fairless
Yes Alan,
us mere members who pay our subs........................
Individuals are not members, no single person pays any subs.

It is an Association of CLUBS not people (member Clubs pay the subs - individuals pay their subs to belong to the Club/s NOT the Association. Clubs buy copies of the Magazine and make a charge to THEIR members for supplying the Magazine), you should approach your Club (if it is a member) and ask them to supply you with information. I have done this in the past and seen good results from it.

The Association Officers report to the Committee, this is made up of the Member Clubs each of who can send up to two representatives to each meeting. Many confuse the Officers as the Committee - this is not the case.
We are not members of the A7CA our individual clubs are member only. I presume your Club representative should be able to assist you on this matter.
This forum is not the place for us to discuss or debate this issue.
Why not?
Alan Fairless
(11-04-2018, 05:53 PM)Alan Wrote: Why not?

Because we don't know anything about it. It is only a speculation from Jon part. This is a matter for the clubs representatives to discuss between themselves not the individual clubs members and lastly we don't care who is the editor of the grey magazine if it is Les, John or David. The majority of the Clubs members never met the editor of the grey magazine. The A7CA has it own rules and procedures.
So what you are saying is the a7ca aren’t accountable to those of us who fund it?
Alan Fairless
I do think that we should all canvas our own individual clubs to approach the association with a view to getting a full explaination. After all this will give the readers of the magazine Which is a hell of a lot more people than a few committe member or club representatives an insight into why this sacking/resignation came about. I believe it is not about who is right and who is wrong but having the straight facts without anything being hidden.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
(11-04-2018, 06:33 PM)Alan Wrote: So what you are saying is the a7ca aren’t accountable to those of us who fund it?

You don't fund it yourself or Jon for this matter or any members. It is your individual Club who pays to join and be member of the A7CA. Hence you have 2 representatives in the A7CA who represent the club and are part of the voting system. So any discussion or grievance you should contact your Club representative.

(11-04-2018, 06:38 PM)John Mason Wrote: I do think that we should all canvas our own individual clubs to approach the association with a view to getting a full explaination. After all this will give the readers of the magazine Which is a hell of a lot more people than a few committe member or club representatives an insight into why this sacking/resignation came about. I believe it is not about who is right and who is wrong but having the straight facts without anything being hidden.

John Mason

Your own club representative voted, it is only logic that you approach them directly and ask them questions. Your representatives have all the answers/straight facts to what happen and how they voted.