The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Ruby is home (pictures)
I have a boot lock handle surplus to requirements, if you want it.
As Peter mentions, this is the Boot-lid Key.

.png   Screen Shot 2018-04-10 at 18.36.54.png (Size: 343.19 KB / Downloads: 452)
(10-04-2018, 06:44 PM)Jeff Taylor Wrote: As Peter mentions, this is the Boot-lid Key.

Useful things T handled square taper keys.... one was used to set the height of burst on an Honest John (nuclear) warhead! HI (High) LO (low) !
"Not many people know that" (until now!)
Now that I know what the key looks like, I have an idea of what to scrounge around for. I may have such a device, somewhere. Thanks, Mike
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-CAR-B...SwstNax0~s
(10-04-2018, 04:09 PM)Peter Naulls Wrote: Looks like a nice project Mike. You can get to the boot lock by pulling the rear seat forwards, or use a large slotted screwdriver. The original was a square-section carriage key, with either a t-shaped or L-shaped handle.

Peter.

It was an L shaped carriage key, because most of the T type keys foul the wheel cover.

Robert
Photo 
Greetings ! It has been quite a while but, the previous owner found some of the Ruby's parts.

I think these parts may have been re-chromed. Anyone spy anything of note ? I hope he finds more ! Mike
And, he did. Thank goodness. There are a few things in the box that are thin on the ground over here.  Looking forward to more ! Thanks, Mike

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)