The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathers in the block
If you remove the oil filler tube the collets can be retrieved with a magnet on the end of a flexible grabber.
Slightly off topic but years ago I stuffed a rag into the inlet port of my Lancia Lambda while I had the manifold off then in the excitement of reassembly I forgot to remove it. The car started, hiccupped and blew the rag out the exhaust pipe  slightly worse for wear.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Cheers

Mark
do you cut your rags with pinking shears?
(06-06-2021, 11:11 AM)Mark McKibbin Wrote: Slightly off topic but years ago I stuffed a rag into the inlet port of my Lancia Lambda while I had the manifold off then in the excitement of reassembly I forgot to remove it. The car started, hiccupped and blew the rag out the exhaust pipe  slightly worse for wear.

Many years ago a friend with whom I have long since lost touch was telling the story of volunteering at the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum. ( https://www.warplane.com/ ) I don't recall which plane engine they were rebuilding but someone forgot to remove a rag. I was assured that the rage was placed in a frame with a sign that read: The $50,000 rag. (cost of rebuilding the engine again)

Undecided
The Javelin car has downdraught carbs maounted low alongside the front wheel with ducts to the air cleaner in the bonnet. I sometimes ran with just cheesecloth across the carb mouths...until it swallowed one. (Incidentally the distance to siamesed valves only about 3 inches and a remarkable amount of fuel spray was ejected from the carbs. But it sounded great!)
A friend of mine nearly died when he was sewn back up after an operation with a “rag” still inside him.