The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Endoscopes

.jpeg   image.jpeg (Size: 65.85 KB / Downloads: 234)

I bought an endoscope at the NEC car show for about £20. Cheaper ones are on eBay starting at about £7. I got mine as I wanted a wifi one with stiffer flex so it could be contorted into difficult spaces. There are versions that don't use wifi and plug straight into the phone, however these require your phone to support on the go - OTG. Not all phones do, including mine.

I was a bit dubious about how it would work but I was pleasantly suprised by the quality. It was very easy to set up. I took the attached shot inside cylinder 4 of a replacement engine I recently acquired. I was a bit concerned about what I saw, so took the head of. It's better than it looks!
Looks good.
I bought one for something stupid like 4 quid posted from Thailand-masquerading-as-Hong-Kong on ebay yesterday - will link to OTG only. Will report findings!
I was impressed by the frame rate, it's very smooth compared with some I've seen on YT. Like most of them on the market it has a cover to make it water proof and comes with some tools including a magnetic pick up, but have not tested these yet.

If anyone is thinking of buying the plug in type you can download a OTG checker for your phone.