The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
No Body ? Why Not Build a Tank ?
It seems that there are a fair number of body-less chassis out there that the owners would like to clothe  with some form of coachwork.  Since the chassis seems to be fairly easily restored  and bodies  not so easily - give some consideration to this suggestion.

If you study the lower photo carefully you'll see that the  basis for the "Panzer training tank " is in fact a BMW DIXI chassis -scuttle unit that the various parts simply drop onto and are secured by some simple means.

One could easily do the same thing on an Austin Seven chassis  and have something uniquely original with some basis of authenticity albeit a mirror image. Could be a fun project.
Cheers,
Stephen

PS: this is not a April fool joke.

Perhaps if a few of them were made at the same time, all the owners could present them in convoy to DVLA head office for registration.
I think if I wanted to drive around in a tank I'd go out and buy an old Volvo.
Wood and cardboard? WAC, a variation on CAD. A couple of weekends should see one done, better wait to see if we get a dry summer though...
Nice one,

I've seen the books and pics etc showing the English version.

But first time I've seen the panzer tank.

I guess they would have looked good in WW11 in the same field threatening each other.

Does anyone have pictures of the Italian version, or perhaps they could decide wether it should be left or right hand drive?  Big Grin

Tony.
Austin made armoured cars for Russia in WW1 and the British army used them later on in the war, in the 1920s the polish built armoured cars on the model T chassis that must have been one of the smallest armoured cars ever built.

.jpg   ftb_1.jpg (Size: 20.8 KB / Downloads: 228)
1932 war game:-

[Image: new-doc-8_1-1024x594.jpg]

Before the Dixi they had bicycle "tanks"

[Image: new-doc-10_1-1024x738.jpg]

Photos via Osprey Publishing
(01-04-2018, 09:02 PM)Steve Bryant Wrote: It seems that there are a fair number of body-less chassis out there that the owners would like to clothe  with some form of coachwork.  Since the chassis seems to be fairly easily restored  and bodies  not so easily - give some consideration to this suggestion.

If you study the lower photo carefully you'll see that the  basis for the "Panzer training tank " is in fact a BMW DIXI chassis -scuttle unit that the various parts simply drop onto and are secured by some simple means.

One could easily do the same thing on an Austin Seven chassis  and have something uniquely original with some basis of authenticity albeit a mirror image. Could be a fun project.
Cheers,
Stephen

PS: this is not a April fool joke.

Not sure it is worth shouting about  Rolleyes

Cheers, Tony.
Found a few more pics showing more detail.
Stephen