The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
New member - Wanting an Ulster body
Now that I've seen the dates I feel embarrassed !
(02-04-2018, 04:01 PM)Austin Carr Wrote:
(02-04-2018, 10:46 AM)Robert Leigh Wrote: My Ulsteroid started with a late Ruby chassis which was shortened, and in this case 'spread' at the rear so that a late axle could be used, so it is now short wheelbase. It has the first of the Gould grp bodies, but for various reasons was not completed until the end of 2002. When it came to registration it had a V5, so I informed the authorities that it now had a tourer body, and this was accepted without question. I don't know whether the same could be done today. I believe that the most competitively priced Ulster style bodies are offered by Compound Curvatures at Nottingham, and they are available off the shelf sometimes.
Robert Leigh

Just found this - 1934 Austin 7 Ulster EA Sports Replica Starter Kit. It has been for sale for a while but I assume that it is still available:-

http://car-from-uk.com/sale.php?id=43813
Did you note the advert date?
(03-04-2018, 10:32 PM)Zetomagneto Wrote:
(02-04-2018, 04:01 PM)Austin Carr Wrote:
(02-04-2018, 10:46 AM)Robert Leigh Wrote: My Ulsteroid started with a late Ruby chassis which was shortened, and in this case 'spread' at the rear so that a late axle could be used, so it is now short wheelbase. It has the first of the Gould grp bodies, but for various reasons was not completed until the end of 2002. When it came to registration it had a V5, so I informed the authorities that it now had a tourer body, and this was accepted without question. I don't know whether the same could be done today. I believe that the most competitively priced Ulster style bodies are offered by Compound Curvatures at Nottingham, and they are available off the shelf sometimes.
Robert Leigh

Just found this - 1934 Austin 7 Ulster EA Sports Replica Starter Kit. It has been for sale for a while but I assume that it is still available:-

http://car-from-uk.com/sale.php?id=43813
Did you note the advert date?

Yes, I had seen the date but as the advert was still online there was a chance that the car hadn't been sold, why else leave the advert on.
I've perfected the sleeping arrangement since Glen Coe Ruairidh by removing the passenger seat onto the drivers seat putting the front seat bases one in front of the other in front of the rear seat. With an air bed I can stretch full length and some black plastic sheet taped over the windows and I don't wake up with the sunrise. It solves the midge problem, I still remember putting the tent up at the Kilchoan Hotel. Today I saw somebody struggling to get a small artist's easel in a Jaguar nearly twice the length of our Sevens and I can get a full size easel in a Seven.