The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mulliner Wood Frame Construction
By the way, if anyone wants the old LH brass screws in the picture, just let me know and you can have them for the cost of the postage - they're no use to me.

Colin
"I love the idea of someone being appalled by the price of washers and making their own from coins. An advantage in not rusting? "

I was under the impression that 2p coins are made of steel... they are certainly magnetic but perhaps a cupro-nickel ferrous alloy?

So called "Penny Washers" surely would have been cheaper but would rust.
Before September 1992, 2p coins were made of cupro-nickel. When this became too expensive (you could potentially melt them down and make a profit) they were made from plated steel - and became magnetic.

Colin
Robert,
Thank you for your reply. I used a Jack French camshaft with 1.25 and also 1.125 SU's but at the time the car had a 5.125 rear axle. It was hopeless round where I live in Sheffield and the Peak District. Ok on the flat and it would rev freely. It all came to an end when the crank let go on the M1 coming back from the Coast to Coast in about 1998. Now been using 5.25 for many years and standard camshaft with large radius tappets. The Jack French camshaft is a Z shape now! Cheers,Dave.
Oh dear! I put this reply in the wrong place ( should be concerning gearboxes and axle ratios obviously).I blame the tiny window on my phone although when I tidied up the other day I put the coffee pack in the cup cupboard and the egg cups in the fridge, much to my missis’s exasperation.
There is a reference to lh wood screws in the latest Morgan Three Wheeler Club Magazine..............but I have mislaid my copy !
Just a thought, would it be easier for “ lefties” to use left hand screws, I wil ask my son who is left handed when I see him, although being a millennial I am not sure if he know what screws  are !
 Certainly putting up his curtain rail he found it easier to put screws in a tight right corner than me
Possibly the coach builder was left handed and left handed screws were quicker and easier.
NB rather than wax I always used soap on screws although I do get complaints from my wife.