The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wedding car request, Romford Essex
Hi all... 

A lady posted a request on the Facebook page for a wedding car (an Austin 7 of course) on November 23 in Romford, Essex. As an aside, I understand that we can now insure our cars very reasonably on an event by event basis.

It's a bit of a treck from mine and my ORT is never going to win a beauty pagent...  Is anyone willing/able to assist?

Regards
Nick
(27-03-2018, 11:49 AM)Nick Lettington Wrote: Hi all... 

A lady posted a request on the Facebook page for a wedding car (an Austin 7 of course) on November 23 in Romford, Essex. As an aside, I understand that we can now insure our cars very reasonably on an event by event basis.

It's a bit of a treck from mine and my ORT is never going to win a beauty pagent...  Is anyone willing/able to assist?

Regards
Nick

Come on someone must be able to pick this up ? There must be a special reason for this request ??
Bumping this 'cos I'm still hopeful!
Ok... One last try....
I'm not in a position to help but can add a couple of (hopefully) helpful comments:

Yes, in all the Insurance negatiations carried out recently between the Association and RH, weddings can be specifically covered for a £10 fee. I think that is right, I am away from the details at the moment.

Secondly, I did a wedding for pals some years back in the Cabriolet. In my opinion, an Austin 7 is really a little too small for a wedding car - especially if the bride is wearing a meringue. I made it work by removing the passenger seat for easy access to the back and putting the hood down. I was terrified that some oily mark might appear on the prisitine clothes of those that I carried so cleaning the car within an inch of its life was paramount..
Thanks Hugh

The bride to be saw one previously used as such and was keen to do the same, but not sure if she knows how compact they are. I think an Essex member is now going to give her a fitting in advance, so she can try one for size. He is also a bit of a trek from the big smoke, so still hoping we can find a London member with a suitable chrome rad LWB saloon... I love getting others into my car and have conveyed more young people to proms (school leavers' discos in old money) than I can remember... People regularly ask to get in for a photo too. I'm ashamed to say I once put Brum-like facial features on the old girl and charged £1 a photo (on their phone) for a fundraiser... Always the same caveat re oil and torn clothing. It is an old dog of a car (and may give you a playful nip or mark your clothing)

On the insurance thing, did I hear that they were considering allowing us to let friends and family dive accompanied without being named on the policy, or did I dream that?
The other major addition to the Insurance scheme has been the addition of cover for drivers under the age of 25. This will give 18 year olds the opportunity to drive an Austin 7 in their 'formative' years. Again, I am away from the details at the moment but my recollection is a) they must hold a full licence, b) be accompanied by the Insured and c) have access to and regular use of their own vehicle.

As the Insured, you may be asked to accept a higher excess...

The agents on the phone when you ring RH should be aware of all this...

hth...