The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Painted Cowl Radiator Mounting
Hi,

Please could someone describe the correct radiator mounting for the radiator core to the pressed metal mountings. I am talking about the painted radiator cowl models (Ruby, Opal etc).

My radiator has two studs at the base that pass through holes in the supporting plates. Should there be a rubber mounting (similar to engine mounts) that support the radiator to prevent vibration?

Many thanks!

Matt
(24-03-2018, 02:19 PM)Matt_Harnden Wrote: Hi,

Please could someone describe the correct radiator mounting for the radiator core to the pressed metal mountings. I am talking about the painted radiator cowl models (Ruby, Opal etc).

My radiator has two studs at the base that pass through holes in the supporting plates. Should there be a rubber mounting (similar to engine mounts) that support the radiator to prevent vibration?

Many thanks!

Matt
Yes there should be a cushion between the radiator and the supports. I have used old engine mounting rubbers. I use stainless studs loctited in the bottom of the radiator with stainless washers and brass nuts locked together under the hole in the bracket. If you do this you should be able to dismantle things easily a few years later.
Robert Leigh