The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.53 Average
EMAIL SYSTEM NOT WORKING (PM's seem OK)
I've had a couple of non-receipts of messages recently. Have others noticed problems? (which have been fine once things have been re-posted again)
Didn't work for me either, last week.

Simon
I have just sent (and received a return message) to Jon; seems to be working OK at the moment.
(04-03-2018, 10:58 AM)Mike Costigan Wrote: I have just sent (and received a return message) to Jon; seems to be working OK at the moment.

I haven't been able to use the forum email system but the private message system has worked.

Tony.
(04-03-2018, 09:52 AM)Slack Alice Wrote: Didn't work for me either, last week.

Simon

(04-03-2018, 09:59 PM)Tony Press Wrote:
(04-03-2018, 10:58 AM)Mike Costigan Wrote: I have just sent (and received a return message) to Jon; seems to be working OK at the moment.

I haven't been able to use the forum email system but the private message system has worked.

Tony.

I sent an email last week and was surprised not to get a reply. Maybe I will try a private message.
Robert.
Thank you for raising this, the email system does seem to have an issue, Though I have tested PM's which do seem to work.
Looking into it it seems to be a problem that requires access to the the server to test and or repair.
I will PM management, but for the moment I'll re-title and sticky this thread, with the recommendation to use PM's till a solution can be found.
Sorry for any inconvenience.
Still a problem with emails. I PM'd someone to check receipt last night, and email didn't get through.

Note recommendation above in Timothy's post from March.... USE PMs ONLY!
Is email system working yet?  I just sent one and wonder if it will get through.
Is there any way of retrieving what I sent so I can copy content to paste in a PM?

Dennis
(27-08-2018, 12:02 PM)Dennis Nicholas Wrote: Is email system working yet?  I just sent one and wonder if it will get through.
Is there any way of retrieving what I sent so I can copy content to paste in a PM?

Dennis

I have been using the PM system without a problem over the last few days
D
(27-08-2018, 12:02 PM)Dennis Nicholas Wrote: Is email system working yet?  I just sent one and wonder if it will get through.

Dennis

Hello Dennis,
It appear this is still an issue (please do contact me if you have been successful), sorry for the lack of progress, I'll chase it up again. In the meantime I have now found it is possible to remove the email button for the time being, which should avoid future issues until it can be fixed.
With regards retrieving the message I don't know if it is possible to do yourself, but I have been able to retrieve it from the email log (just found this, and it shows how large the problem is) I will PM you with the message content.
All the best
Timothy