The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What’s the prettiest?
And let’s not discuss “The Ugliest Driver” please.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, all I can say is that there are a lot of blind special builders about
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
The Amicale de Tricyclecaristes de France have a "Musée des Horreurs". I find it has a morbid fascination...

http://tricyclecaristes.forumr.net/t807-...d+horreurs

There are only 34 pages!

There is also an Austin 7 section  in " Autres Marques"
(07-12-2017, 07:14 PM)Ian Williams Wrote: Roger, I have only ever seen one photo of the car you mention, if I recall it still retained much of the Brookland's body but had a revised scuttle, do you have any picture's of the car you would be willing to share here?

Several in fact. The first two are of the car as he bought it in 1936, then two subsequent evolutions. Take no notice of the registration plates, in those far-off days of impecuniousness they were more like flags of convenience. If you had 2 or more green Austins, why bother to tax all simultaneously?You couldn't drive them all at once.
My father left notebooks and photos. I have thought of putting together an illustrated article, Jack French and his Austins, maybe, as an exhibit in his reconstructed garage. These photos might be part. What do you all think?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg   JSF_A7 008.jpg (Size: 84.57 KB / Downloads: 264)
Thank you Roger, fascinating pictures, the rear view with CCE495 is the only one I have seen. Personally I think your idea about an illustrated article is a brilliant and I for one would love to see it.
Black Art Enthusiast
Thank you for sharing these super photos Roger.  It is things like this that make the Friends Forum so special.
Lovely photos Roger. They should be added to the gallery too - so nobody misses seeing them. Please do write the article if you get a chance, I'm sure it would make fascinating reading.

Peter.
(08-12-2017, 07:26 PM)Rogerfrench Wrote:
(07-12-2017, 07:14 PM)Ian Williams Wrote: Roger, I have only ever seen one photo of the car you mention, if I recall it still retained much of the Brookland's body but had a revised scuttle, do you have any picture's of the car you would be willing to share here?

Several in fact. The first two are of the car as he bought it in 1936, then two subsequent evolutions. Take no notice of the registration plates, in those far-off days of impecuniousness they were more like flags of convenience. If you had 2 or more green Austins, why bother to tax all simultaneously?You couldn't drive them all at once.
My father left notebooks and photos. I have thought of putting together an illustrated article, Jack French and his Austins, maybe, as an exhibit in his reconstructed garage. These photos might be part. What do you all think?

So good to see photos which have not been seen before Roger -excellent! Somewhere I have an outline of a Brooklands manifold which Jack drew around the original item. From memory we left him at about two in the morning to drive back to Scotland. An illustrated article  would be good.
Brilliant!

Can I share these on the GE Archive please Roger?
(08-12-2017, 08:47 PM)Malcolm Parker Wrote: Thank you for sharing these super photos Roger.  It is things like this that make the Friends Forum so special.

^^^ What he said. Brilliant to see, thank you so much Roger for posting them.
I too would be fascinated to see an article if you get chance to put it together.

On the subject of prettiest, I completely agree with everyone who has said it's impossible to choose just one, and agree with most all of the suggestions so far. Some that haven't been mentioned are the Mulliners (Biased? Me?). The Saloons, the coupe and the sports are all gorgeous. The Maythorn & Sons Coupes are stunners too.