The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back country run NZ style
Last weekend we organised a long day adventure taking in some 150miles of NZ back country roads, over half were little used gravel lanes and the highlight being one 10 mile stretch along an elevated ridge with sweeping views both sides of the road cumulating in a spectacular view of the Kaipara Harbour. Somewhat different to what our UK owners will be used to, here are a couple of pictures to wet your appetite should anyone want to plan a trip here for the 100th.

.jpg   Nippy Kaipra Hills.jpg (Size: 55.42 KB / Downloads: 413)

.jpg   Kaipara Hills Road.jpg (Size: 40.02 KB / Downloads: 412)

Black Art Enthusiast
Super pictures Ian! Thanks for sharing.
Fabulous Ian!

I particularly like the colour co-ordinated minor convertible. (I had a split screen minor once!)
Looks like great fun Ian, with some stunning views to boot.
Thanks for sharing.
(09-10-2018, 06:13 AM)Ian Williams Wrote: Last weekend we organised a long day adventure taking in some 150miles of NZ back country roads, over half were little used gravel lanes and the highlight being one 10 mile stretch along an elevated ridge with sweeping views both sides of the road cumulating in a spectacular view of the Kaipara Harbour. Somewhat different to what our UK owners will be used to, here are a couple of pictures to wet your appetite should anyone want to plan a trip here for the 100th.

The last pic looks just like Poole harbour from Kingston Matravers. (That's in England you know!)
Yes it does , like the view from the layby next to Swanage Golf Club.
Thanks Ian lovely photos. It took me back a few years to when I was on holiday in New Zeland. Was it north or South Island. My bet is south but I am no expert.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
John it was just North of Auckland our largest city, starting from Albany Pub and avoiding main roads almost the entire route, you don't need to go far to be very remote in NZ.
Black Art Enthusiast
Thanks Ian I only went as far north as Waitangi and Russell. You have a lovely unspoilt country in New Zealand. I did get frustrated though with the 65 mph speed limit as there was very little traffic between towns.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Yes the speed limit is ridiculous, it causes frustration which in turn encourages people to take silly risks, all adding fuel to the safety Nazis who campaign for still lower limits, citing speed not driver boredom, inattention and mobile phones as the prime cause of accidents!
Black Art Enthusiast