The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mounting steering box to frame
I am in the process of restoring a 1936 Austin 7 Ruby, Export model, originally sent to New Zealand. Due to laps of memory caused by too long between disassembly & reassembly, I can not properly attach steering box to the frame. There is a wedge piece; I am not sure if it goes between box & frame or inside frame. Also if wide part of wedge is toward front or rear of frame. Any advice would be greatly appreciated from here in the USA.
The wedge goes on the end of the shaft that goes though the steering box and has the brake pedal attached. it goes on the inside of the chassis rail and is there to correct the angle of the chassis and the shaft.
(03-09-2018, 09:22 PM)Phil Kingdom Wrote: The wedge goes on the end of the shaft that goes though the steering box and has the brake pedal attached. it goes on the inside of the chassis rail and is there to correct the angle of the chassis and the shaft.

Thank you Phil, much help