The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miami 'Speedster'
Spotted by a chum who is busy at present hunting for old cars in the USA and facilitating their 'repatriation'.

(If anyone's interested and could use some support with the logistics I'll happily put you in touch).

https://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/cto/d/1932-austin-seven-special/6628701322.html
I do like the rear-end of that little baby!
The 2 Austin American behind looks nice
Whoever built it was concerned not to under-spec the electrics I reckon...
That's an interesting looking car, always wonder how that kind of thing ever found its way to the States. Just for comparison,  a 1939 US factory built Speedster, these are quite rare and look even better in "real life", came across another one at Hershey some years ago.

[Image: 1939Bantam4-768x480.jpg]
(10-07-2018, 06:57 PM)Chris KC Wrote: Whoever built it was concerned not to under-spec the electrics I reckon...

This car was around in November last year (Chassis 146382) on ebay USA. It didn't sell at $6250. It reappeared in January & sold for $7200 (possibly to the current seller?/dealer?). Add £1000 to get it to UK.
That huge dynamo/alternator wasn't featured in earlier ads.  Now if it was a blower....
    I'm not allowed any more Sevens...well, perhaps just a small one!