The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Now VL 4193
It's an RN saloon, so long wheelbase, but scuttle tank and three-speed gearbox. Just as much interior room as a Ruby.
(03-07-2018, 12:16 PM)James Anderson Wrote: In theory, the model that Jon has spotted should have a long wheelbase and that is as comfortable to drive as a Ruby. But I would check with the seller. Also, I thought that the fuel tank should be at the rear but can't see any evidence of this and on checking the A7 Companion this feature didn't happen until September 1932. Would be nice to see an under the bonnet photo and that would reveal the answer. Agree with Jon that if it has got the right paperwork on the face of it, it seems a good buy and certainly worth a look but as he also points out, it is priced to sell quickly.

Thanks James. I haven't researched but is the engine size in the description at 858 cc correct??

BOUGHT IT. DEPOSIT PAID. Anybody fancy a trip from Sussex to Grimsby!

(03-07-2018, 12:56 PM)Biddlecombe Wrote:
(03-07-2018, 12:16 PM)James Anderson Wrote: In theory, the model that Jon has spotted should have a long wheelbase and that is as comfortable to drive as a Ruby. But I would check with the seller. Also, I thought that the fuel tank should be at the rear but can't see any evidence of this and on checking the A7 Companion this feature didn't happen until September 1932. Would be nice to see an under the bonnet photo and that would reveal the answer. Agree with Jon that if it has got the right paperwork on the face of it, it seems a good buy and certainly worth a look but as he also points out, it is priced to sell quickly.

Thanks James. I haven't researched but is the engine size in the description at 858 cc correct??

I have an engine number but not a chassis number yet, The Reg doesn't seem to be on the register. Can I trace it through the engine number?
Blimey - you don't hang around! I hope my gut feel leads to something honest. Why not get them to scratch around and find the chassis number on the passenger side rail either in front or behind the rear engine mount. Then at least you can check it's all in the right range...

Grimsby - thats near Watford somewhere, isn't it?

I LOVE the gearbox reminder on the dash! (I'm still unsure what was the reasoning for returning to that pattern after trialling the more conventional pattern in 1930...) And those original carpets - must be a candidate for careful conservation rather than restoration. Yours will be one that everyone wants to look at in the shows.
The engine CC is probably due to a mistake by the DVLA, quite a few Austin Sevens seem to have 850 cc on the V5's I think they were confused with the early Mini's as they were also Austin Sevens.
[attachment=3155 Wrote:Biddlecombe pid='12604' dateline='1530618963']    

(03-07-2018, 12:56 PM)Biddlecombe Wrote:

I have an engine number but not a chassis number yet, The Reg doesn't seem to be on the register. Can I trace it through the engine number?

I now have a B6 Car Number and a chassis number but there appears to be no trace on any register that I can find.
that's no bad thing - just that it may be 'undiscovered' until you put the details up.

Incidentally, it's a Lincoln car originally (those two letters) and that plate links perfectly to mid 1932, so those details fit. If you put some slightly earlier/later chassis numbers in the online thingie on the Association site, you will soon come up with another saloon that will give you a reckoner for your own. Or download the chassis list or the model list to start your research geekery off...
From the Govt MOT history check site, it looks like it was last MOT'd in 2012 - doing a couple of hundred miles over the 5 years previous to that - so it was on the road not that long ago, which is promising.

Regards,
Colin
I think you're quite right, under these circumstances especially with that under bonnet photo, I think you're off to a great start. I had a brief fear (in absence of the photo) that it might be powered by a reliant engine, given the quoted cc, but DVLA repeatedly get it wrong with minor details. It looks a really 'honest car' with good history, a luxury version with sun-roof and rear blind and you've even got a 3-month guarantee ! How exciting.
I am bubbling!!!!!!!! Everything so positive.
Oh my word! All numbers match within 3 of OJ 1656 registered 2/8/1932

Further  under bonnet pic.