The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
panhard to rear-that old nugget
            what a brilliant and active site this is

I've trawled through many links to do with this subject but none quite hit the mark
i have a riley engined special (sorry) and have run it for many years on its original set up (built on a budget) but now getting some upgrades including a tube style front end which i think I'm fine with the set up and many of you have commented on which has helped-thanks

I'm looking at the rear now at the same time which has been fairly standard ish and its been fairly awful
i was, looking to add the oft used radius arm connected to the chassis leg up to the rear axle as on many single seaters and possibly a panhard rod from some extra cross box framing run under the torque tube and mounting friction shocks further rearwards as many run successfully 
but my engineer helper is throwing up the question of using the triangulation as per attached image from the green book (can't upload at the moment-will keep trying)

do the vscc frown on this? or as I'm a special anyway is it ok (shhh-its out of sight) 
and what is best out of the two main ideas?

i have flat springs in the usual position 

i know its adding weight but i would like some more chassis structure further back from the chassis ends to offer more body support
it currently is mounted off the rather thin chassis extension
and the last box/cross section is before the end of the chassis - it does have rudimentary cross bracing as the seat support but of no real benefit
not shown in photo

the car is mainly for sprints but is used occasionally on the road and already has a harsh ride so thats not a problem
my son has aspiration to race it and it needs to be respectful for vscc entry

its more of a special than an austin so i don't think we need to be fully period correct-maybe?

over to you-with thanks

Messages In This Thread
panhard to rear-that old nugget - by a7grenade - 10-06-2019, 09:31 PM
RE: panhard to rear-that old nugget - by Alan - 11-06-2019, 01:03 PM