The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Archive acquisitions
As some of you may know, I have taken on the position of Archivist for the Association, with long time post holder, Phil Baildon, moving on to the Honorary position of 'Historian'.  One of the things I am keen to pursue is a continuation and expansion of the 'Acquisition' strategy we started a couple of years ago. One of the Project Team members is charged with watching Ebay and other auction sites for items that we may wish to acquire for the collection. I would like to expand that process and be a little more proactive in the approach by appealing to the Austin 7 owning community directly for specific items. It should be noted that since starting the Project, we have seen a steady stream of donations that have enhanced the collection for the good of all owners. From time to time, surplus and duplicate items will be offered for sale as well.

There will be a small, but growing list, of items I have an interest in.  As I start to understand the collection better, I will publish wants from time to time but I would like to start off by appealing for copies of the 'Austin Advocate' and the 'Austin Magazine', the latter I believe superceded the Advocate around 1927. If anyone has copies that they might like to donate to the Archive or provide in some other way, please do get in touch.

Until I have configured the email accounts for both the Project and Archivist Accounts, could I ask you drop me a PM on friends with any offers...

many thanks

Hugh Barnes

Messages In This Thread
Archive acquisitions - by Archive Project - 16-05-2019, 10:24 AM
RE: Archive acquisitions - by Nick Salmon - 16-05-2019, 12:08 PM
RE: Archive acquisitions - by Archive Project - 21-05-2019, 07:04 PM
RE: Archive acquisitions - by Mark R - 21-05-2019, 09:48 PM
RE: Archive acquisitions - by Archive Project - 22-05-2019, 08:04 AM