The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cherished suppliers
Yes, I found I was using the banner to go to forum home page...

I've just noticed the old 'sales and wants' are still there. Is that sensible? i.e would it not be good to encourage people to join in with the new area? Simplicity etc etc.
(11-03-2018, 08:35 PM)Timothy P Wrote: Thanks for the heads up.
I have added a 'Website Home' button below the banner, which links to the main site.
I originally changed the banner to do this, and added a forum home button, but as people may be used to using the banner to get back to the forum front page, I thought this was a better option. Opinions welcome...
All the best

Timothy ,

Thank you - that is what I suggested and makes it much easier to get back to the Friends website.

There is still a little confusion between friends.co.uk and  friends.com but it seems to work.

Cheers, Tony
(11-03-2018, 10:56 PM)Tony Press Wrote:
I have added a 'Website Home' button below the banner, which links to the main site.
I originally changed the banner to do this, and added a forum home button, but as people may be used to using the banner to get back to the forum front page, I thought this was a better option. Opinions welcome...
All the best

Timothy ,

Thank you - that is what I suggested and makes it much easier to get back to the Friends website.

There is still a little confusion between friends.co.uk and  friends.com but it seems to work.

Cheers, Tony

Tony,

From Google search, friends.co.uk is the new forum. friends.com is the old forum.

Roger
(12-03-2018, 12:11 AM)Roger Wrote:
(11-03-2018, 10:56 PM)Tony Press Wrote:
All the best

Timothy ,

Cheers, Tony

Tony,

From Google search, friends.co.uk is the new forum. friends.com is the old forum.

Roger

So the new Forum header should read friends.co.uk ?

Cheers, Tony.
Well in my opinion Tony the Forum header 'austinsevenfriends.com' is correct - however when clicking on the header instead of it linking to the austinsevenfriends.com domain home page as I believe it should it's actually linking to the (i.e. this) Austin Seven Friends Forum main page which is austinsevenfriends.co.uk - remember the two sites are or certainly were ALWAYS hosted differently hence one is .com and the other .co.uk - as far as I understand it - though I could be wrong, austinsevenfriends.com has always been a separate domain (it never had anything to do with Bravenet), the OLD forum however was hosted by Bravenet a Canadian Web Services company. The NEW forum is hosted differently though I'm not sure how or by whom though it's certainly no longer in the hands of Bravenet.

The image below is of the austinsevenfriends.com domain home page with the link to the Cherished Suppliers.

(12-03-2018, 01:29 AM)Jeff Taylor Wrote: Well in my opinion Tony the Forum header 'austinsevenfriends.com' is correct - however when clicking on the header instead of it linking to the austinsevenfriends.com domain home page as I believe it should it's actually the two sites are or certainly were ALWAYS hosted differently hence one is .com and the other .co.uk  - as far as I understand it - though I could be wrong, austinsevenfriends.com has always been a separate domain (it never had anything to do with Bravenet), the OLD forum however was hosted by Bravenet a Canadian Web Services company. The NEW forum is hosted differently though I'm not sure how or by whom though it's certainly no longer in the hands of Bravenet.    
linking to the (i.e. this) Austin Seven Friends Forum main page which is austinsevenfriends.co.uk - remember
The image below is of the austinsevenfriends.com domain home page with the link to the Cherished Suppliers.

Jeff,

The Forum URL is- http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php

All the links on the Forum page (Website Home etcetera) now take you to the Austinsevenfriends.co.uk web page with the URL http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/  and all the correct links to the Cherished Suppliers and back to this Forum.

Cheers, Tony.
Hello Jeff and Tony, I'm afraid I'm not involved with the web hosting aspect, but hopefully I can Illuminate a bit at least with my understanding.

Jeff you are of course correct about the old forum and respective .com website being separate, my understanding is that with the change over to the new forum, everything is now hosted under the one .co.uk domain, so that the main website (The same as the .com) and the forum itself are parts of www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk site. As tony says the forums location is http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php.

This does mean of course that the .com at the top of the page is misleading, and hence causing a confusion. If you click the website home link which I added you will see the header of that page is .co.uk. I don't believe I have access to the right bits to change the forums header to .co.uk, but will look into it, and if not speak to management.
Well, I've learnt something new, and the header now reads .co.uk.
Jon I agree referencing the sales and wants on forum from the site sounds a good plan, something mentioned in the other thread. Also I noticed if you are on the cherished suppliers page and click forum you get the original forum rather than new.
As I say this is an area that I don't have access too.
I think unless there are any objections I'll merge this thread with the other, so that all of the discussion is in the same place.
Next question!

As a supplier who is not on the list, how do I add myself to it?
I'm sure you are cherished Martin but is that official?