The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More pictures
(01-01-2018, 10:27 AM)JonE Wrote: I've emailed the Minor Forum with one update - theirs are all LAT archive and one "Special" was obviously the Arrow bodied in a 1934 Road text report. I wonder if there is a chance that we could get our hands on some of the original images for the Dec 1933 Light Car magazine article on the 65. Does anyone know if that publication was part of that LAT business, or if not, where Light Car archives might reside?

Do you know which edition from December 1933, Jon? Can't promise but I may be able to help.

Steve
(01-01-2018, 11:24 AM)Steve Jones Wrote: Do you know which edition from December 1933, Jon? Can't promise but I may be able to help.

Steve

Its 29 Dec 1933 Light Car mag. I've got good photocopies of the mag itself, but they weren't well reproduced photos in the print. Chris Lambert from the Minor Forum believes that the bulk of the pre-war Light Car images have been separated from the other Temple Press images that reside in the LAT archive... but where they are, who knows?
Illustrated Sporting and Dramatic News April 1928 British Newspaper Archive, explanation of the previous photo.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Any ideas as to the long external lever on the Boyd Carpenter.. looks far too long for a gearshift but lacks any locking facility for a handbrake ?
Excellent selection of photos,thanks for sharing.
I don't think the photo of the Tickford was a period photo as it has Bowdenex brakes to the front axle.
May I ask, wherever possible, that the sources of photographs are acknowledged. As has been noted, a number of these photos are LAT copyright, taken from the Pre War Morris Minor website. I know Chris Lambert has paid a significant fee to allow him to publish them without the LAT watermark - if we want these images to continue being freely available, we should not abuse the facility.
Thank you for posting, Ian. I am particularly impressed by the Taylor with the raked doors and the fin on the tail. Maybe that would aid in straight line stability, but in cross winds it would be high on the pucker scale.
(01-01-2018, 06:55 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: May I ask, wherever possible, that the sources of photographs are acknowledged. As has been noted, a number of these photos are LAT copyright, taken from the Pre War Morris Minor website. I know Chris Lambert has paid a significant fee to allow him to publish them without the LAT watermark - if we want these images to continue being freely available, we should not abuse the facility.

Mike it may be better to remove the photos as they are copyright and just use the link as reference.

http://prewarminor.com/austin-seven-2
I take your point Mike, but we are not using these pictures for commercial gain and we probably technically infringe copyright on a large proportion of photographs in the Gallery.
Black Art Enthusiast
(01-01-2018, 04:24 PM)Albert S Wrote: Any ideas as to the long external lever on the Boyd Carpenter.. looks far too long for a gearshift but lacks any locking facility for a handbrake ?
Excellent selection of photos,thanks for sharing.

I can only assume it's a supplementary hand brake; the central handbrake is probably too far under the dash to use conveniently, so the external hand brake can be used during normal motoring, and the driver has to dive under the dash to put the parking brake on!