The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chummy Headlamps
Is anyone aware of a modern headlamp reflector that can be grafted into a Chummy headlamp shell?
If so, where can that be got?
Hello Alan. I am assuming that you are referring to 'scuttle' lamps, Lucas 510's etc. I too would be interested in any positive responses as replacement reflectors are something I have been looking for for a long time - without success.
The nearest I have seen are 5" modern spot lamp reflectors but the difficulty is mounting them - the ones I have seen have been 'bodged' in with copious amounts of black silicon sealer and they have been 12v sealed beam units.
regards from the creative county - Staffordshire
Stuart
Some scooter reflectors are about the right size but I did not get round to buying any
You’d need to figure out a new bulb holder
I think though, especially if you wanted old style bulbs.

Bill G
Based near the Scottish Border,
https://www.carbuildersolutions.com/uk/5...atin-black

I have these lamps on my seven they work well.I changed the bulbs to halogen and adapted some small Led's for the sidelights.
If you want dimensions of the actual len's part e-mail me .
Andy
anyone investigate the carbuildersolution lamp innards further?
I have been trying to address the problem of poor reflective properties of my Ruby headlamps and have thought of trying metallised plastic sheet (the stuff Walkers potato crisps are put in) cut and then stuck with adhesive to the original reflectors. My problem is finding a supplier of the plastic film preferably with adhesive already attached. Anyone with ideas of a supplier.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
(03-02-2018, 10:08 AM)John Mason Wrote: I have been trying to address the problem of poor reflective properties of my Ruby headlamps and have thought of trying metallised plastic sheet (the stuff Walkers potato crisps are put in) cut and then stuck with adhesive to the original reflectors. My problem is finding a supplier of the plastic film preferably with adhesive already attached. Anyone with ideas of a supplier.

John Mason

Good morning John. I have been restoring A7 headlamps for many years and have tried a number of alternative methods of re-silvering reflectors including chroming and a 'flash finish' in aluminium.
However I have come to the conclusion that noting beats silvering as they were done originally. Recently I was told that chrome or chrome like finishes do not have the reflective properties of silvering. So personally I would bite the bullet and have your original reflectors re-silvered or buy a pair of the reflectors sold by the Seven Workshop which I have been using for many years with no complaint.

Regards from the creative county - Staffordshire

Stuart
Stuart, where would you get re-silvering done?
We used a self adhesive  plastic mirror ( from E-Bay ) on my sons 1963 Raleigh moped as the reflector silvering was almost non existent, it seemed to work and gave  a beam of light like it should, but the 6v magneto lighting was hopeless to say the least, and the silvering was more cosmetic as he ended up fitting LED cycle lamps all round.
(03-02-2018, 01:45 PM)Alan Wrote: Stuart,  where would you get re-silvering done?

Hello Alan. Keith Ardley, Mepal, Ely, Cambridgeshire.
Regards
Stuart