The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overtaking Mirrors
Hi folks, Is there anyone out there who has fitted "Overtaking Mirrors" to a 1932 RP Box Saloon.?
I have difficulty turning in the drivers seat to see if the road is clear to pull out.
If anyone has fitted them then What type would be suitable and where were they fitted and from whom
were they purchased?
Thanks
Willie at Austin Reproduction Parts does them.
Thanks Nigel. contacted willie,but out of stock at the moment.  Thanks anyway.
Paul Beck has a selection - they may not suit your needs but perhaps worth a look.

https://www.vintagecarparts.co.uk/search?query=mirror
(15-11-2017, 07:32 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Paul Beck has a selection - they may not suit your needs but perhaps worth a look.

https://www.vintagecarparts.co.uk/search?query=mirror

Thanks Ruairidh, I have sent an enquiry.
I hope you find something suitable.
Thanks Nigel & Ruairidh for your feed back.  I eventually ordered from Willie at Austin Repro Parts on 2 weeks delivery.
Delivered on Time, very well packed. A little expensive but appear to be excellent quality and have the "King of the Road" emblem on them . Just got to find time now to fit them. Cheers
Which type did you get, and how did you fit it? I need one for my RP saloon.
(17-01-2018, 07:38 PM)David Cochrane Wrote: Which type did you get, and how did you fit it? I need one for my RP saloon.

Hello David, I used the round chrome one, that has the little round "Authentic" badge on the back and I found that the best place to fix the (depending on your position when sitting in the car) is on the door pillar about 2" up from bottom of window. They are very firm on my RP.
I actually fitted 1 either side which I find handy when reversing. I think the quality is as good as you'll get.
SMILEY.
Thanks for your reply - did you have to drill holes in the door? And what sort of bolts/screws did you use?