The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Montlhery revival 2019
Here's a link to this year's VRM. There are a couple of Austins in there...

https://newsdanciennes.com/2019/05/16/vi...-meconnue/

.jpg   Luc Wynen Mont.jpg (Size: 142.21 KB / Downloads: 301)

This is my Belgian friend, Luc Wynen, competing in his Dick Morris Special. The car was at the Curborough event a couple of years ago.
It’s a wonderful and evocative event. I went a few years ago in my Morgan and I’d love to take my Ulster there next time!
A group of Pembletonistes went in 2015, a most enjoyable weekend followed by a few days touring. I'm hoping to have a finished project to take to the 2021 gathering ...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The place was overrun with Morgans this year, mostly parked, but I confirm that it is a great event having participated five times. This year's problem was the battery: by our last outing it was misfiring above 3000 revs because the charging system had failed.
Robert Leigh
(18-05-2019, 01:29 PM)Robert Leigh Wrote: The place was overrun with Morgans this year, mostly parked, but I confirm that it is a great event having participated five times. This year's problem was the battery: by our last outing it was misfiring above 3000 revs because the charging system had failed.
Robert Leigh

Sorry to hear that Robert. It was super to meet you, I was also asked by a stranger if I'd sorted out my back axle hitting the bodywork which was a bit of a suprrise. It turned out to be Stuart Ulph and we had a good chat. I really enjoyed it, chasing Amilcars round the banking and taking in the amazing scene in the paddock. Definately worth repeating.
Sorry about the Morgans........they can be a bit in your face?.  Even though I worked at the factory until fairly recently, I’m glad to be out if that scene!

Looking at the photo reminded me of my visit. We parked up with a load of Morgans and at first I thought I was facing a concrete wall...until a car shot past halfway up it!