The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Old Garage Pictures
Hi russel,

That's cheating.

You should have asked for picture 3 as a clue.

Just be careful it is BANDIT country.

Tony.

[attachment=3910]

Here is my personal favourite down under.

Love love love the advertising.

Banksy has nothing on this one.

Tony.

[attachment=3911]
Whilst we're on a Down Under theme, perhaps of interest only to Victorian (Australia) viewers, Thanks to Tony Press & the Austin Seven Club here recently gave the Austin A40 Club of Oz a great heap of photos showing Austin Dealerships in Victoria and Riverina in the '50s. Chances are the some of the same dealers existed prewar 2, so if you know who first sold your Seven, I can email you a photo while I'm sorting them out. All photos, including Austin Distributors Pty.Ltd stands at Motor Shows, their Sales & Showroom interiors etc, will be later placed on the A40 website. My email is ausevenoz@gmail.com Cheers, Bill in Oz
Not exactly Austin relevant but it caught my eye

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Wow! That must have been an amazing sight at the time; I'll take one, any one, I don't mind which!
Brick 
One of my favourite Old Garages was Weston's at March Marcle, which I managed for a couple of years in the early 'nineties.  Opened in 1927 using a re-located First World War aircraft hanger, it had been run by Mr, and after his death, Mrs Probert for 64 years, during which very little had changed.

The impressive array of four 1938 Avery-Hardoll pumps had only just been disposed of when I started and I managed to buy two of them back from local farmers for £20 each and set them up (non-functioning) on their original plinth.  I wish that I'd bought them myself, as they disappeared again very soon after my departure.

The 1931 Lagonda was - and still is - my brother's

The garage is still there, but no longer owned by Weston's Cider.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ive a photo of a blue cycle car driving out of the garage Martin. With modern pumps. Probably 1993 or so. Before your time
(18-01-2019, 08:31 PM)Hedd_Jones Wrote: Ive a photo of a blue cycle car driving out of the garage Martin. With modern pumps. Probably 1993 or so. Before your time

I was at Weston's until the Summer of '93 - just after the above photo was taken.

The blue cyclecar in your photo was another of my brother's collection - a 1913 Humberette.

Attached Files
.jpg   humberette.jpg (Size: 25.97 KB / Downloads: 260)
There are a lot of interesting old garage photos here... https://www.facebook.com/groups/257490574710302/
The same garage in 2013:

[Image: 2013HerefSkanky&Garage2.jpg]
Lovely photos.
One I know of in Stockbridge, Hampshire, now a restaurant, but still has an early pump outside... 
In 1927... (Photo lifted from https://comfortandjoyloveyourhome.wordpr...ockbridge/)

.jpg   Stockbridge 1927.jpg (Size: 154.52 KB / Downloads: 242)

and in 2016 credit googlemaps

Further research, shows it was still in garage form until it was sold 2008 (forecourt closed in 2005). The Original single pump (which appears to have been reinstated or at least a very similar model) having been replaced at some time with 4 newer models.

It seems the building had quite a past before becoming a garage too LINK.