The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Austinsevenfriends
Late items for beaulieu - Printable Version

+- Austinsevenfriends (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Austin Seven Friends Forum (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Forum chat... (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Late items for beaulieu (/showthread.php?tid=7670)

Pages: 1 2

Late items for beaulieu - Tony Betts - 28-06-2022

Well after 2 years + of struggling to get stock in to sell. Due to covid.

All of a sudden it's all coming in at the same time.

For the last 4 years I've been looking at producing my own cranks, they wont be in large batches. But will be the best quality you can get.

Check the pic below, notice the oil pick ups for the first time are in the correct place. We have also had all cranks xrayed so NO cranks have casting inclusions in them before or after machining. Material spec EN40b nitrided.

I've had a batch of 10 x 1 5/16 splash fed cranks made. But due to weight, (the pick-up is already full). I've only put ONE crank in.

If you are after one for 750 BEAULIEU it would be wise to pre-order, and I'll make sure I have one there for you.

Price is £950.00 each on this batch.

We will have to keep an eye on material and machining cost rises quickly going up for future batches.

Another one that came in today.

NEW rear hub outers.

These were made for a friends race car, material spec en24T. But I'll have to confirm that before the weekend.

Price is £110.00 each or 2 for £200.00

Again, I've only put two in for the weekend. So if you want to make sure you get what you want at 750 beaulieu. It may be wise to pre-order.

Another one in today.

And you can see why the truck is getting heavy.

HADLEY 1 1/2 pressure fed, fully counterbalanced CRANK. Price £1,600 only 3 in stock. Next batch will be 3 to 4 year.

Again I'll put one in for 750 beauleiu, but if you want to make sure you get one. It may be wise to pre -order

The famous hadley 1 1/2 rods came in with the cranks today.

Price £950.00 set with shells.

I only have 4 sets, so First allocation will be given to people buying the counterbalanced cranks.

If you want to buy the crank with rods, the combined price will be £2,400.00

RE: Late items for beaulieu - Tony Betts - 29-06-2022

Thank you for the early orders on the cranks.

There are now 8 left up for grabs.

I've been informed that the next of Phoenix cranks with supplier is likely to be £1,150.00 and over. As suspected like everything in like prices are going up quickly.

It looks like I perhaps should have put the cranks in the bargains for beaulieu section at £950.00 each.

It did make think there are other items that I've been recently working on. That I have only allowed space for one. Due to overall weight.

I've been making up a small number of damper assemblys recently in spare time.

So again to save disappointment, it may be worth ordering in advance.

Thanks tony

Sumps are a similar case, I can only allow for one of each. Outside of pre orders.

Again, with propshaft. They add allot of weight.

So pre order to save disappointment.

Thanks tony.

RE: Late items for beaulieu - Hugh Barnes - 29-06-2022

Tony - I cant quite tell. The SWB hardy spicer props - do they have a 3 bolt fitting on the front to fit the existing spider on the g'box or does the drive from the gearbox need changing to 4 bolt?

hi hugh,

i needed some for my own cars, so i done a batch.

i have about 3 left over, im unlikely to do them again.

they were made to fit a 1931 rear axle with a ruby 4 bolt flange, and a 3 speed gearbox with an adapter.

i also do the adapter if needed.

i didnt go for the 3 bolt fitting on the prop as others had suggested it wasnt as strong as they wanted that way.

thanks tony

RE: Late items for beaulieu - Charles P - 29-06-2022

Sadly I can't justify a Hadley crank and rods, but they are lovely.
And what's the price on the aluminium clutch cover? I can't quite read it

c

hi charles.

its one mark roper made. 

it was one dave flake bought from him, ive kept it in my stock for a wile. but wondering if ill get a chance to do everything.

the last i heard, but cant confirm. was 4 years ago he had put prices up to £1,100 but he may have stopped making them altogether now.

so ive priced it at £1,050.00 ill a bit of wiggle room.

i know you made your own, so you will kno what it takes to make one correct.

i also sold the ulster rep a couple of months ago that pigsty had fitted one to. and i can say it revved better than a modern car. wonderful.

thanks tony.

RE: Late items for beaulieu - Rogerfrench - 29-06-2022

Tony,
Sadly I don't have a Seven, I live 5000 miles away, but I get a lot of pleasure looking at your photos.
Thank you!
Roger French

RE: Late items for beaulieu - JFaulknerUlsterRep - 29-06-2022

Tony, The crank in the first picture is stunning work well that goes for all of it mate and we all know it’s top notch quality. Look forward to catching up at Beaulieu. Kind regards Joe

RE: Late items for beaulieu - Charles P - 29-06-2022

(29-06-2022, 03:39 PM)Tony Betts Wrote: hi charles.

its one mark roper made. 

it was one dave flake bought from him, ive kept it in my stock for a wile. but wondering if ill get a chance to do everything.

the last i heard, but cant confirm. was 4 years ago he had put prices up to £1,100 but he may have stopped making them altogether now.

so ive priced it at £1,050.00 ill a bit of wiggle room.

i know you made your own, so you will kno what it takes to make one correct.

i also sold the ulster rep a couple of months ago that pigsty had fitted one to. and i can say it revved better than a modern car. wonderful.

thanks tony.

Thanks Tony.

There's definitely a thousand of pounds of effort, aluminium and swarf in one. An aluminium clutch cover halves the flywheel weight, allows you to keep a standard clutch and makes a lovely fast gear change. 

Charles

RE: Late items for beaulieu - Steve Jones - 29-06-2022

Won't be at Beaulieu, Tony, but will be at Morton. Will you be taking orders in due course for collection there? Particularly after a aluminium sump, standard shape/size, no fins.

Thanks, Steve