The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Austinsevenfriends
Beaulieu autojumble - Printable Version

+- Austinsevenfriends (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Austin Seven Friends Forum (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Forum chat... (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Beaulieu autojumble (/showthread.php?tid=7502)

Pages: 1 2 3

Beaulieu autojumble - Adrian Payne - 12-05-2022

No mention of spring Beaulieu autojumble so far as I have seen.
Anyone going?
Adrian.

RE: Beaulieu autojumble - Nick Salmon - 12-05-2022

Yes Adrian. I shall be there on Saturday. Feels like a very long time since last September!

RE: Beaulieu autojumble - Tony Betts - 12-05-2022

i did wonder i anyone would even notice.

not sure what to expect, i know of plenty of stall holders that are not bothering. for obvious reasons.

i will be there R87. its no longer a two stall event Big Grin

tony

RE: Beaulieu autojumble - Stuart Giles - 13-05-2022

I'll be there on Saturday. Have a short shopping list of A7 bits, but will probably come home with a load of other stuff instead/as well.

RE: Beaulieu autojumble - Tony Betts - 14-05-2022

good to see you austin 7 boys at beaulieu today.

unexpected by me, but it was a busy and lively day.

i hope you all found what you were looking for.

i decided to come home this evening, and not risk tomorrows wheather forecast.

i just cant risk the time it would take to dry everything out.

as i have to much to do.

i did get a couple of nice finds, well nice to me.

will sort some pics.

tony

RE: Beaulieu autojumble - Nick Salmon - 15-05-2022

Super time at Beaulieu yesterday - hot and sunny and with lots to look at. Not a huge amount of Seven stuff but I did succeed in getting a few bits and pieces - and a couple of bargains. Good to see Tony Betts, Howard Annett, Steve Hodgson, Willie Mackenzie et al.

Overall the stand numbers were sufficient to make the trip worthwhile but there were noticeable 'holes' in some of the lines. Plenty of Dutch voices could be heard but far fewer French and German than in pre Brexit/Covid times.

This rather tasty supercharged racer was getting some attention...

Number plate of the day:

RE: Beaulieu autojumble - Austin in the Shed - 15-05-2022

Weather update 9-45am ,thundering and heavy rain 10 miles from Beaulieu,You were right leaving last night Tony.
Attended yesterday and bought a two day ticket,should have just got the one day. Either V expensive or tat,I enquired about a wall clock,Craven A,genuine? With a quartz movement,£300 !
I left before 5 and there was big gaps in the car park by then,Disappointed TBH.

RE: Beaulieu autojumble - Tony Betts - 15-05-2022

Hi nick,

Good to see you and others there.

Ticking tappets were there, with a good stock of usued parts. As were southern sevens, with a good display of used parts.

I must admit, I didnt do much shopping for items to sell on this year, it was mainly selfish for my own interests.

The only thing I didnt get that was needed was a 30 MOV carb.

The race car nick has pictured followed me in saterday morning. And I've got to say it sounded far bigger than an austin 7 Big Grin

Here are a couple of pics of trinkets found.

This on is actually an insert for a wallet.

RE: Beaulieu autojumble - John Cornforth - 15-05-2022

Hello All

As I live only 18 miles from Beaulieu (Lucky Boy), I usually go to both the spring and the main autojumble. Took the Pearl down yesterday in the sunshine. I'm not really looking for anything in particular, it's just a nice day out to soak up the atmosphere and have a chat. Bought a few bits and bobs, so the saving on postage just about covered the twelve quid day ticket.

One thing that is noticable is the often "ambitious" pricing, I'm suspicious that 95% of this stuff will be taken back home to be tried next time. I can't help wondering if there would actually be more profit to be made if things were priced to sell. Enamel signs are a case in point, who is going to spend hundreds on a not particularly tasty sign that looks like it has been a target at Bisley for the last 30 years ?

When I do a quick scan of a stand, they mostly seem to fall into one of four categories:

New / New Surplus / Repro / Market Stall items
Glass cabinets with 12 items that the seller has had so long they have been polished to death
Completely rusty tat which is shovelled out and shovelled back
Interesting (That includes yours Tony B !)

RE: Beaulieu autojumble - Stuart Giles - 15-05-2022

(15-05-2022, 09:17 AM)Nick Salmon Wrote: This rather tasty supercharged racer was getting some attention...

Had a look at that car and a chat to the owner. This nicely turned out special was parked up diagonally opposite my brothers' stalls. Has what looked like an Aisin blower mounted low down on the manifold side of the engine. The car is unusual in having a 'Cambridge' IFS setup fitted, these have good geometry but are hugely heavy by comparison with the factory front suspension. I understand that the asking price was £33K